Canadian Hotel Site

Flipphone
By Flipphone,
in

Hi,

If you are looking for a hotel in Canada and don't have any luck with Priceline or Hotwire, you might want to try: http://www.canadahotelexperts.com .

Their prices for Toronto Downtown hotels are slightly higher than the priceline bids I have seen posted here but it is another option.

Like Hotwire you don't know what hotel you are going to get ... you get to select the area you want to say in, the number of stars, and then they give you a price and fees / taxes. You find out what your hotel is after you confirm your reservation.

My wife got two nights at the Marriott on Bloor for $99 CDN / (approx. 73 US) which isn't bad (not great but not bad when the Marriot site gives the cheapest rate as $199 CDN ... OUCH!)

Flipphone

ON, Canada

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Hope this isn't too OT. I found the site www.canadahotelexperts.com which is like Hotwire for Canada. It's "opaque" but gives a hotel shortlist (e.g. 4* Vancouver Center: Pacific Palisades Hotel, Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel, Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Marriott Pinnacle, Westin Bayshore Marina Hotel).

In fact some places have a shortlist of just one hotel (e.g. 4* Calgary Centre: Hyatt). Opaque indeed!

I imagine PL will beat the rates, but it seems a little cheaper than Hotwire: I compared a 4* Vancouver report a $118 per night and CHE had C$137=$111.

Anyone had any experiences??? Are they reputable???

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]