What Rental Companies do Hotwire use?

darklord
By darklord,
in

I used Hotwire once to book a $200 a night Sheraton for $49, great deal. Now I'm trying to rent cars with HOTWIRE. My travel date is 4 months away and checking Hotwire now, the rates are the same as the rental companies charge. But if I change the date to 1 week out, the rate reduces tremendously. Is this how Hotwire works, that I should wait until the last minute to book with them?

Besides, I don't want to rent with low cost companies like U Save. As long as they are national chain like Budget or Avis, I'm fine. My question is that is it guaranteed that I won't be renting from the likes of U Save when I go through Hotwire? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Current from HOTWIRE:

Q: Which car-rental agencies work with Hotwire?

A: Hotwire hot Rate rentals offer specially negotiated Hotwire hot Rates from the leading agencies in the car-rental business: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz and National.

For nondiscounted regular-rate rentals, Hotwire offers cars from a broader range of car-rental agencies. You will see the agency name prior to completing your reservation.

The "nondiscounted regular-rate rentals" refered to in the second paragraph above is what you're refering to when you commented the prices are the same as those the rental car companies charge.

What city, size car, and dates are you searching for?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking for April after Easter rental in Orlando for a Van or large sedan.

So if the price is discounted, it will for sure be from major companies like Avis.

However, if the price is not discounted, I might be getting from, say, U-Save but I'll see that before I book. Is that right? Thanks.

Yes, as per their current policy, you have it correct.

If you buy "opaque" it will be from one of the companies mentioned above... if it's the "regular" rates you will be shown a vareity of offers, just as you would from Expedia, Orbitz, or Travelocity.

What are the actual dates of your rental?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am seeing "opaque" (where the name of the rental company isn't shown until after the purchase) rates for this search... are you not seeing "Hotwire hot Rates" on your own HOTWIRE search?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]