Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* London (Kensington-Chelsea-Knightsbridge) Express Holiday Inn EC

ms3048
By ms3048,
in

My dates are 21 Feb 2009 through 26 Feb 2009. I looked for two rooms with a total of four adults and four children between the two rooms. There was a 4 Star in Regent's Park, Camden Lock, Baker Street with the same prices and amenities. Now I only see this 3.5 star hotel. I wonder if the star rating dropped in three hours? I was pretty sure I was getting Holiday Inn Camden Lock, came home to bid, and voila! It's different.

The amenities are: fitness, restaurant, internet, and business.

What do you guys think? Thanks everyone!

The Holiday Camden Lock is now rated 3.5*.

I believe HOTWIRE is in the process of doing system-wide rating change ajdustments so it is quite possible that you're seeing a new star rating than a search just a few hours prior.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help. I am now torn between another hotel for the exact same party size and dates. There is a 3 star - South Bank- that has breakfast and internet access. It is $68/night/room. I don't need fancy, but I do need nice and convenient. Does anyone out there know which area Regent's Park/Camden Lock or South Bank would be better for first time tourists? I would like Westminster, but definitely can not afford it. BTW, this is a high school senior trip chaperoned by a bunch of old people. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I'll wait for somebody who knows London better than i do to reply, but if nobody responds after 24 hours bump this thread and i'll try to take a closer look.

However, i will comment that star ratings in Europe are a bit more 'generous' than here in the States, and i would probably lean towards the higher rated property... a 3* in Europe may not meet your expection of what a 3 star hotel should be.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just checked the vacation packages, and Holiday Inn - Camden Lock is (again?) rated 4*, with amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

I think it's possible the South Bank hotel could be Express by Holiday Inn Southwark, except that so far Express by Holiday Inn hotels have been 2.5* (and 2.5* is what this hotel is, on the current hotel list). But if it was this hotel, that would no doubt be perfectly satisfactory (but probably not all 3* hotels would be).

If the South Bank hotel is this one, then I'd consider it a bit more convenient for a tourist than Holiday Inn - Camden Lock. Neither would be terrible, though.

Okay, guys, I need some confidence.

Now the 4 star Regent's Park/Camden Lock that seems to be the same price as the HI Camden Lock is offering "no smoking hotel" as one of the amenities. Otherwise it is a same match for what we thought was the HI Camden Lock last week.

The South Bank hotel is still the same, but again, I got a letter from Hotwire, stating they were giving me a partial refund on a prior HI Express purchase, because it should now be a 2.5, not a 3 star hotel.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO! Usually I just jump right on a bargain, but for some reason, I'm really hesitant this time. This will be my first and probably only trip to London with my daughter and her friends.

Thanks

BTW - I requested two rooms for four adults and four children arriving 21 Feb 2009 for five nights, departing on 26 Feb 2009.

What I really want is the Marriott County Hall for a HI Express price- oh well, I can dream, can't I?

I am not sure, but aren't Marriotts non-smoking hotels? Could this be one of the Marriotts in the Regent's Park/Camden Lock zone (I think there are two).

If you feel you want a better hotel, I think you should consider putting out the money for it, to ensure you enjoy your stay. On the flip side, a hotel with breakfast included will certainly save money when you have a party of 8 people.

Is bidding for four rooms on Priceline a possibility? You could possibly get a good deal, given current exchange rates. But there almost certainly wouldn't be breakfast.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all of your help. However, I chickened out and went for the sure thing. I used this site's link to HOTWIRE and got a second room at the Holiday Inn Express Earl's Court. I'm glad I did. I had a wonderful experience there. I was able to get the hotel for $85 USD/night - a fourth of the rack rate.

Thank you for the follow-up to this thread.

Can you please also add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]