Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Miami (South Beach-Ocean Drive) The Strand Ocean Drive

muh1583
By muh1583,
in

Any help is appreciated in identifying a 3.5 star hotel in South Beach-Ocean Drive for January 17 through January 23, 2009. Here are the details:

1 room, 2 adults

Amenities include:

Suite

Boutique Hotel

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

High-speed Internet Access

Kitchenette

Looks potentially like the Strand Ocean Drive Condo, but it's listed at 4*'s in the Florida Hotwire Hotel list. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately this property has not yet been identified, and while the Strand has been downgraded to a 3.5*, i don't think that this is likely the property you're being offered as that is still listed as a "condo" property in the vacation product (and with different amenities than the above)

I'm not too familiar with this property, but it may be possible that there is a Strand Hotel and a Strand Condo, with the above being the Hotel section of the property and different amenities for the Condo section of the property... perhaps somebody who knows the area could comment if this is the case?

Another option is to do your search for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance... if the same hotel is shown for each search you could purcahse the solo nite to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results go ahead and purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Is there anything specific that you need for this stay... have you considered bidding on PRICELINE for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Took your advice and tried to peek behind the curtain, however every date combination (1st night only, last night only, etc.) other than the full 6 night stay wouldn't pull the same hotel.

Now I've procrastinated and the price has gone up $16/night. Still a deal if it's the hotel I think it is but a friend of mine has a theory that the price may go back down after tonight. Something about Tuesday night being a time when travel prices are reduced for some reason or another. Don't know if this is true or not. Anyone have any insight on this particular "phenomenon"?

Personally I think the chances are even that the price could go up or down.

In any case, to answer an earlier question, I'm drawn to Hotwire as opposed to Priceline because of Hotwire's listing of hotels/condos on Ocean Drive a relatively small but hip strip of road, that's nonetheless packed with hotels. Priceline's offerings encompass just too large and an area for me.

I'll definetely post my findings should I decide to take a chance.

I've been checking your boards for years and have always found them to be helpful and informative.

Now it's time to "pay up" and use those links. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the outcome. Upon your return can you let us know if there are actually two areas of this property (a hotel section and a condo section) or if it is just one property.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here's the scoop on The Strand... The property is actually 4 separate buildings each next to other. All of the rooms are condos. There is only one front desk. When I questioned the "hotel" front desk if their is a separate front desk or registration process for those who book a "condo" she said their is not. So looks like the condo and hotel are one in the same.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]