Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC Times Square Millenium Broadway

antlori
By antlori,
in

Looking for a hotel in NYC, Times Square area (doing a theatre weekend) for 2 nights, Apr.12 & 13. Checked on Hotwire and two Times Square hotels came up -- a 4* at $105 (restaurant, fitness center, business center) and a 3* at $145 (boutique, restaurant, fitness center). Wondering if there is any way to tell which hotels these might be. Also what to bid on Priceline. Probably looking at the 4* as we wanted to get something under $100.

For Hotwire assistance, please include the amenites as well (for an explanation of why, see this link: What might be the Hotwire hotel....)

Do you have a zone preference? You can see a description of zones here: NYC Zone Descriptions

I would assume that midtown east and midtown west would both be fine, but do you have a problem with either of these or want to include any others?

I think you should be able to get an under $100 bid accepted, but when you update regarding the zones, i'll detail a bidding strategy for you.

PS- don't forget to check out the restaurant link in the "NY Tips" section if you'd like discounts on some good restaurants (we have no affiliation with them, but i love some of their restaurants, and the discounts there make some higher-end meals more affordable)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did note the amenities that came up on Hotwire--for the 4* it was restaurant, fitness center and business center. I just saw a post that said to check out the vacation packages as they name the actual hotel. I checked this out and it looks like this 4* might be the Millenium Broadway. But will this information help me with Priceline?

Re the zone, I'm thinking that Midtown West might be best location for theatre convenience.

My fault re: the Hotwire amenities, i read your post too fast :) and i apologize. Unfortunately, there's just too many hotels in Times Square that fit the amenties listed).

Even still, the Hotwire info is important from the standpoint that you now know NOT to bid over $105 (although the star ratings between Hotwire and Priceline are somewhat difference, at least you have a reference point).

There are 3 ways you can do this:

1)To get the lowest price and potentially have to bid again in 72 hours if rejected:

4* MTW

try a lowball bid of $75, if rejected

use your free re-bid zone and raise bid to $88

If rejected wait 72 hours, proceed again with bids of $88 and then $93

2) For a greater likelihood of getting this 'done' and have a potential overbid of $5/nite

4* MTW

try a lowball bid of $75, if rejected

use your free re-bid zone and raise bid to $93

3) A little of both...

4* MTW

bid $88 (the risk in this is that a lowball $75 bid would be accepted, which would result in an overbid)

use your free re-bid zone and bid $93

The prices of $88 and $93 are taken from prior wins that we have seen, for the Hiltonand Westin, respectively.

If you are unsure of how re-bid zones work, please ask. You can read about them here: Re-bidding before 72 hours and feel free to post with what you think your re-bidding zone is if you want to confirm it.

Any questions regarding the above, feel free to ask.

Let us know how it worked, if rejected, post that too and i'll post a follow-up strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried $75 for 4* MTW and it was rejected so I tried $88 which was also rejected. However this time it came back saying if I raised my bid by $22 I could try the same request again. Since I already had a quote of $105 from Hotwire, I declined this offer.

I'm thinking of adding Midtown East but I wouldn't want to get too far from the theatre district. Or maybe Midtown Central, we've stayed up by Central Park before.

The other thing I'm considering is going to 3*.

What do you think?

Glad to see the Hotwire info was of use :)

Priceline's counter-offers can almost always be undercut, but the problem here is that time is winding down.

If you'd consider Upper Midtown/CPS, i don't think you'll be successful as the 4* hotels in this zone are typically more expensive. HOWEVER, if you'd still be happy in this area, you can use it as another re-bid zone (it's not really a re-bid zone, but Priceline wins in this area are usually higher than you're bidding, so you can use it as such... with the caveat that IF you were to get something in this area you'd still be happy). If that's the case, i would go ahead and add this zone and raise my bid to $93.

If the above doesn't fit your plans (or tried and failed), i would try for MTE (only) 4* as follows:

bid $75, if rejected

use re-bid zone and raise to $88

if rejected, add MTW and raise to $93 (this should be allowed since you only bid the MTE and MTW independent of each other, never together.... HOWEVER, if you tried adding UM/CPS above and were rejected at $93, let me know and do not bid this last step until i follow up with you)

As i commented in the hotel zone descriptions, i think that MTE and MTW are both fine for theater visitors. However, you're the one staying at the hotel and you need to be happy with it.

The above is what i would do (probably trying the UM/CPS idea first), but if you'd rather go for a 3* let me know and i can follow up with something for that as well.

Of course, the other option is to just wait 72 hours and bid again as previously, but raising the bid amounts.

Hopefully you followed it all, but if not, feel free to ask any questions.

Let us know how you do and/or how you want to proceed.

PS- you used UWS as your re-bid zone, right?

I decided just to go with Hotwire. I got the Millenium Broadway for $107 per night. Maybe paid a little more but I just didn't have the time to keep going back. I still saved from what I expected to spend + got a better hotel (I think). I was originally going to book the Milford Plaza at $129 per night. Thanks again.

Glad you have a roof over your head for the weekend (and a nice one at that!)

It can sometimes be a pain when you don't have time on your side because you begin to panic about getting "something."

In the end, if you're happy, we're happy.

Enjoy the shows and thanks for the follow-up!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]