beware charge on credit card

eyetravel
By eyetravel,
in

If you book on priceline, you probably inadvertently signed up for a $9.00 a month "service" called Reservation rewards. This happened on my husband's credit card, and also on mine. Check your credit card, and call the 800 number to cancel, and if you figure out a way to get refunded all that money, please let me know.

I looked for an old post on this subject but i couldn't find it.

Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Explain that it wasn't clear that you were subscribing to a monthly service, you never used the service, and have cancelled as soon as you were made aware of it (which is when this unknown charge turned up on your bill).

If your credit card company doesn't reverse this charge it's time to look for a new credit card company that is more consumer friendly and stands behind their customers. I don't know of anyone that has not been able to get this reversed (unless of course you used the service during your first month)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have dealt with the same problem a couple of times ... I called the the company directly and they were extremely nice and removed all charges. No fuss at all ... and I sweared that my friend had not clicked their link. My own case, I actually used the service, got a rebate from using PL and than called to get it canceled ... once again, no problem and they tool off all charges. They have an unconditional money back offer (or at least they did last year).

• 2 months later...

I fell victim to this recently. I'm didn't notice the charges for the last 2 cycles. When I called my credit card company, the service rep sounded very familier with the company, as if they get calls about them all the time. He also recommended that I place a monitor on them so that they can't charge me next month. Apprently they often continue to try to charge you despite the fact that you "cancel" and recieve a confirmation number.

I'm surprised that priceling subscribes to this kind of thing. Whatever comission they get I doubt it's worth it. Did they think customers wouldn't figure out which company gave them this headache/scam to them? It was my first and last time purchasing from Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]