Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Anaheim Disnyland South quad occupancy question

jrnyman04
By jrnyman04,
in

3.5* Disnyland South

Amenities: Fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, Internet, golf, tennis

Trip Advisor: 3.5 out of 5 w/ 300+ ratings

Dates : 12/19/08 - 12/21/08 - 2 nights

This appears to be a match for Anaheim Hilton.

quad occupancy query : 2+2 = $54; 3+1 = $69. double occupancy query seems to return the Crowne Plaza at $59

(same amenities and Trip advisor rating in both cases of the quad query. The list of amenities are the same for the Hyatt, but it has a 4.0 Trip advisor rating with less than 300 ratings).

I am checking this for a friend of mine. I am confused by the two different rates given for quad occupancy based on how many adults and children are in the party. What kind of different rooms do they provide for 2+2 and 3+1 configurations? I was under the impression that either one should give a room with 2 beds. Based on the fact that for double occupancy, Hotwire offered the Crowne Plaza at $59, do you think the $54 offer for 2+2 is probably bogus (as when we actually try to book it, it may not be there?)

Thanks!

It's not uncommon for hotels to charge a higher price for more than double occupancy. I don't think what you are seeing is bogus, hotels may load different rates depending on the number of guests in each room. They may also charge differently for adults and children. This is all standard practice.

If you need to guarantee space for more than 2 people then you may be stuck paying the extra. You could book for just 2 people and then call the hotel to specifically request a 2 bed room, but they would be under no obligation to accommodate you.

I would agree with you that the hotel amenities that you listed are a match to the Hilton.

What are the amenities associated with the other hotel you are seeing?

... do you think the $54 offer for 2+2 is probably bogus (as when we actually try to book it, it may not be there?)

There is no incentive for HOTWIRE to show you a 'bogus' rate... they want to sell hotel rooms, so there would be no point in offering you something that they knew wasn't available (and when errors occur i can almost assure you it bothers them almost as much as it bothers the user experiencing the error)

There are other possible explanations, but the hotel charging different rates for additional adults vs. additional children suggested by slick_gd seems the most plausible.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (please ask your friend to come here and use our links if he will be the one doing the booking... as well as have him/her/you follow-up this thread with whatever is ultimately decided to do for this stay)

Let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What kind of different rooms do they provide for 2+2 and 3+1 configurations? I was under the impression that either one should give a room with 2 beds. Based on the fact that for double occupancy, Hotwire offered the Crowne Plaza at $59, do you think the $54 offer for 2+2 is probably bogus (as when we actually try to book it, it may not be there?)

I think some hotels near Disney have "kid suites" as a distinct room type that could have a different rate than a normal two-bed room.

Earlier this year I stayed at a HoJos near SeaWorld in San Diego. Rooms had 1 king, 2 doubles, or 2 doubles plus a bunkbed. A hotel might slot 2 adults/2 children into a room with 2 doubles; but 3 adults/1 child would require 2 doubles and a bunkbed, at a higher price.

Just one possibility.

Hi Everyone, Thanks very much for all the replies. My friend had a direct reservation w/ the Hyatt (w/ some discount). He would've saved money, but didn't change his reservation this time as he was busy, new to doing the opaque provider booking and meeting somebody else who is also staying at the Hyatt. Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]