CA Sacramento Hawthorn Suites Downtown

spiffycalgal
By spiffycalgal,
in

Just got back from my stay at the Hawthorn suites. It was nice. The complimentary airport shuttle was speedy-- it arrived within 10 minutes of my request. The complimentary breakfast was standard free food. Watery eggs, dry bagels, mushy canned pears and overfried bacon. Their biscuits were good and one could always eat fresh fruit (apples & oranges) and cereal.

Hawthorn Suites did charge a $1.50 tourism fee-- they explained that it's a City of Sacramento tourism assessment. I've never heard of such a thing in Sacramento, but didn't make a stink since it was only $1.50.

• 4 months later...

Just returned from a family reunion of sorts to celebrate my son's 40th birthday. You helped us pick the Hawthorn which although it wasn't in walking distance of anything we wanted to see, was right off Interstate 5 which was 1 exit away from "old Sacramento" and 3 exits from my youngest son's home in South Natamos. Staying there 8 nights enabled us to see most of the positives and negatives (limited). Our room for $51 per night (Hotwire) was a bargin plenty big and nicely kept for my wife and I. I had the excellent fitness room to myself a number of days and used the laundry room once. The complimentary breakfast buffet was good and the desk staff were very nice in assisting us with directions. We had the birthday dinner across the street at the "Hungry Hunter" which my family enjoyed before going to my son's home for cake, ice cream and gifts. Other eating establishments are across the street. My son's 2 bedroom suite @$139 Military discount rate was large and allowed his 2 small children to have a quiet sleeping area. Thanks again for you help.

• 2 years later...

This was an awesome hotel!!!!

The great attitude displayed by the staff made all the difference...

After booking my last minute PL reservation, I called to hotel to ask for two beds and non smoking room. They set me up with two beds, but had no more non-smoking rooms left. As this is a PL reservation, I knew I really could not make any real demands. The staff member was nice about it and suggested I call back the day we were to arrive to see if there were any cancelations.

I called...no changes. Boo. The staff member then suggested I try after 4 pm because that was the deadline for holding a room without a deposit.

I called again...still none available. I thanked them and figured all hope was lost.

I showed up at 9pm to check in. I met the lady I had spoken to over the phone and she began to check me in. She said she kept checking for me, but no non-smokinig room ever became available. I thanked her for her efforts.

She kind of stared at me for a minute - obviously considering something. She confirmed I was only staying one night...then she upgraded me to their NON SMOKING two bedroom, 2 bathroom suite!!!! For the same $60 rate!!! :)

Plus, this hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Scrambled eggs, hash brown patties, link sausage, bagels, toast, english muffins, fresh melon, cold cereal, and instant oatmeal were offered. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, and cold juices were also available.

So our family got a wonderful and spacious suite and a hot breakfast for $60!!!

What a deal!!!!!!

I am a very happy customer... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]