Hotwire Hotel: Hotel in JFK area?

gevaltech
By gevaltech,
in

2 adults and 2 kids need to stay near Long Island on Dec. 23. I'm thinking that a JFK hotel is best bet. Would prefer breakfast and pool, but a clean and decent size room with 2 large beds is more important. We will be driving in - not flying.

I see Hotwire offers up a 2.5* for $69, but it has a dismal 1.5 tripadvisor rating. A 2* for $79 gets a 3.5 rating and includes breakfast (I'm thinking it is Days Inn as mentioned elsewhere).

Should I try my luck with Priceline instead as I see it has been won for $61 recently. Or is there another option I'm missing? I'm nervous because it seems a lot of the hotels in this area are real dumps despite their 3* ratings.

Thanks for this great site... I just booked the previous night in NWK via your link to PRICELINE.

Technically, Long Island is comprised of Kings (Brooklyn), Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties; how far out on the Island do you need to go? as you know, PRICELINE is always a slight risk with 2 adults and 2 kids. Also, many of the hotel rooms around the JFK area not "decent sized". The 3* properties that have been reported include the Doubletree, Courtyard, Sheraton are all good properties but don't offer free breakfast.

As you've noticed, JFK is not the greatest hotel market, with lots of area hotels getting poor reviews.

If two beds (or at least 'separate sleeping accomodations') is essential than i would stick with HOTWIRE and include quad occupancy on your search.

Whether you go with one of the above or something direct depends upon your budget and what you seek from your hotel stays... i don't think you'll find too much for less, but not sure if spending more will give you the 'bang for your buck' of the additional expense.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]