Hotwire Hotel: 3.5-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island

court77
By court77,
in

Hi! I am looking to stay in San Diego for 1 night from 12/27-12/28. I was looking at staying in downtown-Harbor Island or shelter island. I found three prices that I liked on hotwire, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what hotels they are?

the first hotel is described as: 3.5-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island $69.00

it offers: smoke free rooms

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

high speed internet

the second hotel is described as: 4-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island $94

it offers: airport shuttle

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

high speed internet

tennis nearby

the third hotel is described as: 3-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island $69

it offers: pool

restaurant

laundry facilities

high speed internet

i thought that one of these might be the sheraton san diego hotel and marina, but I am not sure! Please help me out! Thanks! :)

Welcome to the site! :)

The first would likely be the Sheraton Suites, not showing the suite icon and showing the smoke free icon. I'm guessing the second is a match for the Sheraton San Diego Hotel. Last one would likely be the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/Seaworld.

Other suggestions: The new San Diego Hilton Bayfront is $95.20 via Expedia.com. You may enjoy the Bayfront location and the fact that this is a new property may also be fun (in terms of trying out a new hotel, as well as the fact that it won't be showing much wear yet.)

If the Hilton Bayfront is of interest, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's link to Expedia.com. If the HOTWIRE listings are of interest, please use the site's link to HOTWIRE. Using the links helps support the site. Additionally, please ask if you have any questions.

i am looking to stay in san diego for 1 night from 12/27-12/28 at either downtown harbor island or shelter island. i found this hotel on hotwire, and i think it is the kona kai, but I am not positive. CAn you help me out?

the hotel is described as: 3.5-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island $82

it offers: Resort

airport shuttle

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

laundry facilities

high speed internet

Thanks!

the hilton bayfront does look really nice.

can you help me with this description?

i am looking to stay in san diego for 1 night from 12/27-12/28 at either downtown harbor island or shelter island. i found this hotel on hotwire, and i think it is the kona kai, but I am not positive.

the hotel is described as: 3.5-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island $82

airport shuttle

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

laundry facilities

high speed internet

Thanks!

The 3.5* is not an exact match in terms of amenities to what has been reported for the Kona Kai, but the tripadvisor rating on the Hotwire detail page is the same, so this may be the Kona Kai with different amenities.

Personally though, the reviews for the Kona Kai on tripadvisor would lead me to look elsewhere.

There is no way to ensure a hotel with a water view.

Even if the hotel you receive does have rooms with water views, there is no guarantee that you will receive a room facing the water. PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for 'standard' rooms, and often 'oceanview' rooms are premium or upgrades, which cost more than the standard room. There is a chance you can be upgraded at check-in, either for free or for a fee, but there are no guarantees that this will be available or that the hotel will be willing to upgrade you (even for a fee, if such rooms are available)

If you must have a water view you will likely be better to book direct, but realize that you'll often end up paying up to twice as much for the view of the water (vs. a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE booking), and you need to consider if this is worth the $25, $50, $75, $100+ more that it will likely cost.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (if you do book direct please note that we have links to most of the major hotel chains and agencies in our support page)

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi! I am looking to stay in San Diego for 1 night from 12/27-12/28. I was looking at staying in on shelter island. I found a hotel on hotwire, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what hotel it is?

3.5-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island $83

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet Access

THANKS!!

If you go back to HOTWIRE and re-run your search, click the CONTINUE button next to this offering, then click the "see all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than you've listed above?

Are you willing to accept a room without a water view?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I can help. I purchased through Hotwire this same description back in October. We had a price of $69 but it was the same 3.5 star description. Our hotel was the Island Palms Hotel & Marina and it was very nice for that price. There aren't many hotels on "Shelter Island" so it's a good chance but of course there are no guarantees. Check it out on Google map...since the hotel is on a tiny strip (more of a peninsula than an island really) you have a marina view on one side and a bay view on the other. We checked in really late so we were unable to sweet talk our way into a room with a view but even our non-view room faced the bay. The one big thing I liked is that each room at this hotel has a mini fridge and either a balcony or a patio with furniture. I hope this helps...it really was a beautiful place to stay and I'd take the Hotwire chance again. This is the second time I've used Hotwire for San Diego and both times I've been pleasantly surprised.

On a side note, I will also be in San Diego Dec 26th - 28th. We'll prolly pass each other in the lobby and we'll recognize each other from all the extra money and the big grins we have from our great deal!

www.islandpalms.com

2071 Shelter Island Dr

San Diego, CA 92106

(619) 223-0301

Leigh Anne,

Welcome to BetterBidding and thank you for your informative post. Can you please add the details of your win (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, price paid per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase) to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that we can add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]