Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

OhioTraveler740
By OhioTraveler740,
in

Hi,

I love this forum, thanks to whoever runs it. This is my first time posting.

Friend and I taking our girls to NYC 12.17.08-12.29.08.

I have been to the city many times and stayed many different places, so I have a very good knowledge of nyc hotels.

Would love to snag a hip boutique to impress the teenagers.

Here's the problem:

Hotwire has a 3.5* CPS at decent price of $172. I'm guessing it's the Hudson which would be perfect.

That is if I ask for just one room, but when I ask for three rooms that hotel option is gone entirely.

I can't believe they only have one room available for the weekend.

Or is it they won't sell that many rooms at one time via HOTWIRE?

Would I be safe trying to book one room three times?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

BTW we need to stay under $200 per room per night

Hi,

I love this forum, thanks to whoever runs it. This is my first time posting.

Friend and I taking our girls to NYC 12.17.08-12.29.08.

I have been to the city many times and stayed many different places, so I have a very good knowledge of nyc hotels.

Would love to snag a hip boutique to impress the teenagers.

I'm up to $160 a night for 4* in TS, ESB, MTE, MTW. CPS

Up to $152 for 3.5* in CPS & TS

I see others have gotten the Royalton for $152 on our nights (lucky dogs:)!

Or Hudson for $135

Or Sheraton TS for $151

Thinking about going 3.5* MTE hoping to get The Roosevelt, but worried about getting the UN hotel, that is too far out of the way.

So, is my problem the fat that I am trying to book three rooms at once?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

BTW we need to stay under $200 per room per night

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

There can be many reasons why the hotel offered on HOTWIRE for 1 room disappears when 3 are needed. It could be the last hotel room they have available at the HOTWIRE rate, it could be HOTWIRE choosing a different hotel to appear, or any number of other factors that we have no control over.

The main thing though, is that I definitely would not feel comfortable booking one room 3 times. There is no guarantee that the hotel has more rooms to offer on HOTWIRE, and there is no guarantee that HOTWIRE wouldn't offer a completely different hotel the next time. I would think the chances of you getting the same hotel offered on 3 separate bookings is very slim and, personally I wouldn't risk it.

Hotwire has a 3.5* CPS at decent price of $172

Which zone is this on HOTWIRE? and what are the amenities associated with this hotel?

I see you are also looking at PRICELINE. Keep in mind that you cannot guarantee which hotel you are going to get, so if you are really looking for a boutique, then HOTWIRE may be a better way right now. Are you open to other hotels?

Bidding for 3 hotel rooms may make it a little trickier in getting a great deal, but unless you want to take the chance of staying in different hotel it is really your only way.

Another question...Do you need 2 beds per room or is 1 fine?

Hotwire has a 3.5* CPS at decent price of $172. I'm guessing it's the Hudson which would be perfect.

That is if I ask for just one room, but when I ask for three rooms that hotel option is gone entirely.

I can't believe they only have one room available for the weekend.

Hotwire offering you only a maximum of one room doesn't necessarily mean that hotel has only room available for that set of dates.
Or is it they won't sell that many rooms at one time via Hotwire?
Possibly, but probably they just give Hotwire access to one room for the whole period you're searching or a part therof.
Would I be safe trying to book one room three times?
No, this one room is likely to be the last and only one available via Hotwire (at this time) for the whole period you're searching or a part therof.

Opps, how do I delete that Priceline post? Sorry about that.

2 teens in one room and one adult in each of the other two rooms.

So the shoebox Hudson would be fine for this occasion.

Defiantly will not try to book one room three times.

Don't think I would have had the guts to try anyhow, just interested if anyone had any experience.

3* ESB might be Murray Hill Suites? No that doesn't ring my bell.

Sorry I wrote CPS should have been MTC for Hotwire (hudson is in mtc)

Definitely open to other hotels.

Thanks!

It would be a bit out of the way, but the new Thompson Lower East Side would be $199 ($299 for the first night, only $99 for the second night) per room on Quikbook.

While not the most optimal location, a brand new, hip boutique hotel in your budget.

Just tossing this out as an idea.

If interested, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's link to Quikbook.com.

Lowest rate on the hotel website is $299 per night for both nights, so this is certainly a good deal from Quikbook.

I guessed earlier on another thread that the 3* smoke free in the ESB that is unidentified *may* be a Courtyard Marriott. While I'm definitely not sure how likely that guess is - it may very well be something else - I'm having a difficult time finding 3* much in the way of other 3*'s in that zone that would fit the smoke free amenity.

I guessed earlier on another thread that the 3* smoke free in the ESB that is unidentified *may* be a Courtyard Marriott. While I'm definitely not sure how likely that guess is - it may very well be something else - I'm having a difficult time finding 3* much in the way of other 3*'s in that zone that would fit the smoke free amenity.

Thompson Lower East Side is a strong contender thank you! Will definitely book through this link if I go that direction.

If I knew that the ESB 3* was Courtyard I would book that in a second. Anyone have any confirming info/feelings?

I've contacted thereuare regarding the 3*. The other 3* smoke-free in that area would be the Hotel 373, but as another poster mentioned, that doesn't have a fitness room.

The other one I thought the 3* could be was the Holiday Inn 6th Ave, but that's just outside the area boundary.

Dang!! While I have been thinking about it the Thompson LES deal is gone from Quickbook! I had decided to go that direction too!

I have no experience with QB, do you suppose that deal will return? So bummed.

Maybe, maybe not - it's hard to say, as this seems like a fairly busy pair of dates in the city. Let me look around and see what else I can find.

Edited: when I go to the detail page for Thompson LES on Quikbook and search there for 3 rooms for these dates, the price has jumped to $249 ($299/$199) Maybe the $99 for the second date earlier was an error that was fixed.

Maybe, maybe not - it's hard to say, as this seems like a fairly busy pair of dates in the city. Let me look around and see what else I can find.

Edited: when I go to the detail page for Thompson LES on Quikbook and search there for 3 rooms for these dates, the price has jumped to $249 ($299/$199) Maybe the $99 for the second date earlier was an error that was fixed.

Still kicking myself for missing that deal yesterday.

Any idea what 3.5* Downtown-Soho is?

Fitness

Laundry

Internet

Thanks!

Unfortunately, The Courtyard would be 2 rooms for $600 - $300 per room/per night.

As an alternate, I was trying to see what was available when I compressed the party to two rooms. (2 rooms at 300 per night max versus 3 rooms for 200 max each per night.)

Compressing the party would not be an optimal idea, but I'm trying to uncover other possibilities for consideration.

This is the Courtyard on 3rd.

And again, the 3* Smoke Free on HOTWIRE in the ESB could possibly be the Courtyard, but there's definitely no way to know that as that listing has not yet been reported.

You could also try Priceline; I just remembered there is 6 in your party, so 1 bed in each room would be fine. Would that be of interest?

Thank you Aaron for all your help.

There are just 4 in our party. Two adults & two teens. The two adults would ideally like there own rooms, and one room for the teens.

I am up to $160 a night for 3.5 & above on Priceline in all the midtown areas except Chelsea.

Was just thinking about posting this on the Priceline forum for recommendations. ?

problem is I am trying to work with friends budget, were it just me there is lots I think is reasonable for NYC.

I'll keep looking this afternoon; there appears to be something going on these dates, as the "specials" I'm seeing have these dates as blackout dates.

You may want to try Priceline (PRICELINE link) for a 4* in the Midtown zones for $175. Booking 3 rooms may cause some difficulty on a set of busy dates. However, $160 would likely not be enough for a 4* given the rates I'm seeing for these dates for 4* properties.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]