CA San Francisco Airport La Quinta

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Priceline zone: San Francisco Airport

Hotwire zone: San Francisco Airport North - Oyster Point

Quiet and 3 miles from the airport. Free shuttle 5AM-11PM or so. Two adjacent buildings of 4 floors. Lobby and breakfast room in one, laundry and gym in the other. Plenty of free parking. Free local calls.

The free breakfast is great: cereal, yogurts, muffins, toast, fruit, juices, coffee, and recently added - self-serve waffle iron.

Rooms are spacious with either one king or two full beds. Closet, chest, nightstand, desk, two chairs, phone jack near desk, coffee maker. small fridge+microwave combo available for the asking if not already in room. All in good condition.

Most guests are Spanish-speaking.

$1/guest/day makes the maids here very happy, as suggested to me by the extra coffee bags and soaps they stocked.

• 2 years later...

Quick update: free wired high-speed internet in all rooms. Everything else still as reported above.

For those needing public transportation to SF, this hotel is a 5-minute walk to bus 292 ($1.50 to SF, $3 back). Or take the free shuttle to the BART station at the airport (about $5 a ride).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Although this will not deter me from staying here in the future, I thought I'd mention that this hotel allows pets, and last night I found a tick sucking off my arm while I was lying on the bed. The previous guest may have had a dog in the room. I promptly packed up and got moved to another room with apologies.

This was the only incident of this kind in five years that I've been staying here.

I should also note that no renovation or significant repairs have been done in all these years. I remember that on my first stay back in 2001 I was delighted to find a guest laundry room with three washers and three dryers, two sets of which were brand new. Now the two older machines are out of order and those that were new are in bad shape. The facility is not kept too clean.

As for the rooms, in some the windows won't stay open or won't close completely. Some are missing the bug net. Some toilets run, some sink drain caps won't stay open enough to allow free water outflow.

The hotel appears to be doing good business, often full, so I hope they soon put some money back into the property in the way of maintenance and renewal.

• 5 months later...

Yesterday when I got out of bed in room 324, I saw some blood on the sheet and thought to myself "ticks again, or bed bugs"? But I didn't find anything on my body.

The room has two beds, so last night I got into the other one. Not ten minutes later, I felt something tickling my forehead. Quickly grabbed it and sure enough - a bed bug, flat dark brown about 4mm long and 3mm across. Found another one touring the sheet and a few small babies on the wall, coming and going behind the headboard.

Packed up and went to the front desk to change rooms. Gave the guy a ziploc bag with three sample bugs... The new room was clean of critters as far as I could tell, and my stay here ended this morning anyway.

I will not be returning to this hotel. This means no more bidding in the 2-star level in the SFO zone.

Received an email from this La Quinta's GM:

Hello zbenye,

First, I wanted to thank you for contacting us regarding your stay and helping us improve our operations. Second, I wanted to apologize to you for the problems you experienced while you were staying with us here in South San Francisco. We here at La Quinta have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and being that you were not completely satisfied with your stay I would like to send you a Free Night Certificate. Please forward me a current address so that I can mail this certificate to you and again I would like to apologize for the poor shape your room was in. This is not the standard for La Quinta and I can assure you these issues have been addressed. I hope that you accept this peace offering, forgive us our mistake, and continue to support La Quinta Inn. If there is any other way that I can be of service to you then please do not hesitate to contact me at 650-xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,

Chris Hill

I phoned Mr. Hill and he explained what actions were taken to clean the room. He also told me in great detail the improvements he will be implementing in the hotel, and indicated that a significant renovation is in the foreseeable future.

I might check out the hotel again in a few months.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]