OPPS! expensive mistake.... any options?

alexalive
By alexalive,
in

I got a great price on a flight from LGA to Columbus, OH on AA airlines on 12/24 at 6:20 pm. Leaving Columbus on Sat. 1/3 at 8:25am. ($239.00)

(I followed the rules! thats my win!!! :)

However, once I recieved my dads christmas card last night & looked at the return adress, I realized he lives in Cincinatti!!!

I woke him in the middle of the night to confirm, & its true. I booked a flight to the wrong city....

So flightly (no punn intended) I know! but what can I do? suck it up? My dad doesn't want to drive 2.5 hrs on christmas eve & I don't have anymore money....

i know its a gamble & blah, blah, blah... but i need to be in cincinatti for christmas!!!!!

any ideas expenced thrifters out there?

I checked for car rentals to drive myself & thrifty is closed.... i really don't know what to do.....

alexalive

Have you use the Car Rental Checker to see if any rental counters are open? I'm surprised that Thrifty is closed as the airport will most certainly be open on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, i'm sure some rental company is open.

Is there any train or bus service between the two cities?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got a great price on a flight from LGA to Columbus, OH on AA airlines on 12/24 at 6:20 pm.

How aggravating!

Did you purchase this on HOTWIRE? You've posted to a Hotwire section of the board but you didn't explicitly say this was a Hotwire purchase. Opaque airline purchases (where you don't know your airline or flight times until after you purchase) are nonchangeable and nonrefundable. But retail airline tickets, where you choose the airlines and flight times yourself, ARE sometimes changeable for a fee---even if purchased on HOTWIRE.

I would contact Customer Service at HOTWIRE, tell them your story, and see if they have any options for you.

Hotwire has lots of cars for rent for that interval but the fare is more than the airfare. Greyhound has service but it does not match your times very well so you'd have to stay over in Columbus. There are flights but the cost more than from NY. Probably best to lose the ticket and start over or beg the airline

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]