When is the optimal time to bid (days away from your trip)?

jdprofile
By jdprofile,
in

Same here, i plan plenty far out and still get good deals :)

I don't think timing affects purchase prices in that way. What I mean is, it does, but you won't know which direction because there are a lot of variables. Sometimes it will be cheaper earlier, sometimes later. Sometimes a hotel will have a lot of vacancy in the upcoming days and need to sell their rooms out fast so it's really cheap right before the said date. Other times they will be relatively full and prices will go up. Don't worry too much about it and just bid accordingly - you'll still get way better deals than most other sites. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Does it make any difference to bid during a weekday as opposed to a weekend? How about bidding at 3:00 in the afternoon as opposed to 3:00 in the morning? Thanks.

Shouldn't make any difference. New inventory may be loaded in after a weekend, but there's no way you could know/time that (or know what the current inventory levels were), so I wouldn't be concerned.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]