CA San Francisco Mosser Victorian 2*

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

I stayed there last fall and got a room with a private bathroom. I had a renovated room and loved the furniture and decoration, but hated the claustrophobic feeling. The room was just slightly larger than the queen bed - hardly any room for the suitcase, and forget drawers. The bathroom was small, and most inconvenient was the wash sink, a tiny corner fixture with no counter.

An then I got this hotel again. If I thought the room I got before was small, I now stand corrected. The room I got this time makes that one seem gigantic. This room has the sink in the bedroom corner - no room for it in the bathroom. The bathroom has the toilet and a shower stall. No tub. This room is so small - no more than 150sf, about 1/3 the size of the common hotel room in the U.S. - that a queen bed would not fit into it, so it has one full bed. Not a problem for single me, but two persons may not be comfortable sleeping in this bed.

There were some decorative pillows on the bed which I had to ask housekeeping to remove from the room, having no space to put them on the floor. Also for lack of space, I sent away a strange tray holding a vase with artificial flowers that were placed right on the bed...

A mini TV is mounted on a pole that's based in the platform of the bed. A wireless keyboard provides TV-based Internet access for $9.95. A night stand of a sort is also on a pole rising from the bed platform, and on it a small CD player. A phone is mounted on the wall. It has buttons for two lines, but only one has dial tone. Calls, including "toll-free", are $.75, plus $.05/minute after 30 minutes.

There is one medium drawer in the base of the bed that one must kneel down to use. There are no dresser or closet (and hence no iron/board). There are three hangers on a hook on the bathroom door. My suitcase will be the closet for this week.

My nook has a window that opens into a ventilation "shaft", and the view is the room across. The windows are double-paned, so outside noise is not a problem. Corridor noise, however, is really bad. The door and inner walls must be paper-thin. Some guests at this hotel use a shared bath, which happens to be located right next to my room, so plenty of traffic.

There is no air conditioner, just a ceiling fan and a heater.

This room would be considered minimal even in Europe.

No coffee maker.

Guest laundry in the basement, $1.75 per device. Only one out of the 4 dryers is in working condition.

$7 breakfast at the restaurant in the building. Denny's around the corner.

No garage, but many public garages in the area. Very expensive - car neither recommended nor needed.

The front desk clerk was very courteous. Here too, I was given to sign a folio that clearly showed what the hotel had been prepaid by Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]