WV Morgantown Lakeview Resort and Spa

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

I stayed here the night of 11/13/08 for $50 (Priceline bid).

The location was a little bit hard to find in the dark, make sure you are following the signs. We did miss it and have to turn around. It would probably be no problem in daylight. Free parking.

Room was nice, I was pleased that there were two beds in ours since with Priceline you are unable to specify. Beds were comfortable, shower was good. Toiletries provided which is always nice. TV could have been better with size, picture quality, and channel lineup. Not a big deal since we basically just went to sleep.

Though not overly fancy, the room was definitely clean and adequate, however I will say that it didn't seem like a 3.5* room; they might have gotten a lot of their star rating from the non-room-related amenities available (conference rooms, golf, etc). The room seemed more like something from a 2.5*...a Courtyard or something similar, which in my opinion is just fine in most situations.

The lady at the front desk was very helpful. When I asked how much of an incidental hold would be placed on my debit card she said $80 but then manually reduced it to $20 for me. Always a big help when extra money isn't frozen in your bank account.

I would highly recommend this hotel, especially since there is NOTHING widely available in this area for that price. (I recently stayed at a pretty gross 2* nearby for $80!!) There just aren't a lot of choices available to offer competing prices with each other.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]