Hotwire Hotel: 4* St Petersburg-Clearwater (Treasure Island-St Pete Beach) Don Cesar

srgreene
By srgreene,
in

Hello. Last year I got the 3* Sirata Beach Resort for $109 from 4/13/08 - 4/18/08 for 5 nights. The property's amenities were Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High speed Internet Access, and Tennis Nearby.

We were hoping to get the same place for our vacation this coming April 2009. Unfortunately the same week this year is Easter time, so rates are a lot higher. Anyway, I was about to purchase the 3* that's showing on Hotwire at St. Pete Beach for $182 (dates are 4/12 - 4/17), but I just realized that it doesn't show the Resort amenity or the Tennis Nearby amenity.

Is this still the Sirata? The amenities this property is showing are: Beachfront, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, and High-speed Internet Access. Did they change some of the listed amenities or is this a totally different property?

As I look at the list of Hotwire hotels in this St. Pete Beach-Treasure Island zone here on betterbidding, the only 3* that is listed is the Sirata.

I'm just confused. Now there's a 2.5* showing up for $185. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

So after I just posted that last message about trying to identify a 3* St Pete Beach hotel that's showing for $182, I found this deal and purchased it.

It's weird. When I searched Hotwire for 2 adults and 2 children, the 3* for $182 came up, and not this 4* property. But when I changed the search to 2 adults, 0 children, this 4* Resort came up for $131. It turned out to be the Don Cesar. I know families stay at the Don Cesar and am wondering why it wasn't coming up when I searched for 2 adults, 2 children.

We know the rooms are smaller at this resort since it's an older building, but all the other amenities are fabulous. If we can upgrade to a junior suite or something a bit bigger on our own for another $50 a night or something like that, we probably will. At the very least we should be able to get a room with 2 double beds, and that will be sufficient for us.

The complete list of amenities at this 4* property are:

Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, and Children's Activity Program.

This forum has been very helpful in our travel research and purchasing vacation hotels. Thank you.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found a hotel which would meet your needs and you're pleased with the results... we're happy to hear the board was helpful in your purchase.

It's common to see different hotels appear when searching for double vs. quad occupancy. HOTWIRE only guarantees accomodations for everyone included in your search, and some hotels choose to be excluded (or never updated their contract to be included in searches for more than double occupancy) which is why this property may not have appeared on your search for 2adults/2children. You may want to give the hotel a call to see what type of room has been assigned and/or request a room with two beds... or even inquire regarding the cost to upgrade, if available.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]