in

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

145 Jetport Boulevard

Portland, ME 04102

207-828-1117

Check-In: Friday, January 23, 2009-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Monday, January 26, 2009-11:00 AM

summary of charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $55.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $165.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $22.45 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $187.45 (USD)

I was surprised by this! I didn't notice that Portland/Portland West now included the old S. Portland/Airport! And surprised that the Hilton Garden Inn was now 3*, when before it was 2.5*. I was trying for Eastland or the Clarion and bid for 3* only...Is this because of the new 3.5*?

Also, this was my first bid! I thought I was lowballing it as most recent "wins" were at a minimum of $58. Still, a pretty good price. Just wish it wasn't at the airport!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

There are LOTS of new star ratings taking place with the new 3.5* rating introduced by PRICELINE, and the changes are still taking plance... some hotels upgraded are being downgraded back to their original ratings and still others not upgraded in the first wave are now being upgraded in subsequent waves.

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI, on the Maine Hotel Priceline list, I noticed you updated the Hilton Garden Inn to 3*. You might want to specify that this is the Hilton Garden Inn *Airport* location.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn in the Old Port that is much more centrally located, nicer AND more expensive. People very well could bid and then be surprised to find themselves way out at the airport.

Sara

• 2 months later...
I didn't notice that Portland/Portland West now included the old S. Portland/Airport! And surprised that the Hilton Garden Inn was now 3*, when before it was 2.5*. I was trying for Eastland or the Clarion and bid for 3* only...Is this because of the new 3.5*?
Portland/Portland West does not include South Portland. That is its own region. That said, for P/L to say that the South Portland region includes the airport makes it confusing because that particular Hilton you got is in Portland. Do keep in mind that if you bid in Portland/Portland West, you will not get a South Portland property.
Also, this was my first bid! I thought I was lowballing it as most recent "wins" were at a minimum of $58. Still, a pretty good price. Just wish it wasn't at the airport!
I understand that sentiment. At least it's a nice property. The drive into downtown is about 10 minutes give or take your luck with the traffic lights! :)
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]