Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Tudor Hotel at the UN

manico
By manico,
in

I have a trip planned to NYC for Dec 6-8 using an incredibly cheap ($150 r/t) fare from LAX-JFK and of course, I had to pick the one weekend when rates for NYC were the highest in December (outside of the holidays). Was going to use hotel points for both nights but have been monitoring the rates and noticed that this week they dropped for Dec. 7 (Sunday) from an avg of $400 to about $200 so I thought I'd try Priceline on a whim to see if I could get something decent and not waste my points. Used the PRICELINE link and because I wasn't too serious about it, started the bidding at $95 for the SoHo area selecting 4 Star hotel. Got rejected, then re-bid adding Upper East Side and upped the bid to $100. Got rejected, then re-bid adding MidTown East in the hopes of getting the Grand Hyatt. Lowered the bid to $98 and changed to 3.5 Star "Upscale". Extremely surprised when my bid was accepted at the Tudor House U.N. where I saw the lowest rate was $271 plus taxes. They even offered to let me add additional nights for this win so maybe the bookings aren't going the way they wanted with all the job cuts and all.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Glad to hear of your success and that you're happy with the results. Do keep in mind that even though the 'add a nite' option is offered it doesn't guarantee that the hotel is available for an additional nite, and if it is, that it will be at the same rate.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]