Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

I helped my college daughter get a HOTWIRE room and she was thrilled with the price. The lowest rate on hotel web site was $235 - a 60% savings. This hotel was either renovated or built in 2006 (hard to tell from web site). Thanks to your research we accurately predicted the hotel before she bid. The amenities are still the same: Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center, High Speed Internet.

This is very interesting to me because I'm supposed to book a room for relatives the night of 12/20 (the night after your daughter's six day stay) and they want to be near Penn Station. I planned to wait until December to try, thinking there might be more availability if I waited a week or two.

When I saw your post I went to Hotwire to see if your deal is available on 12/20 too. It's not. Hotwire has nothing 3* in MSG-Chelsea that night, although the HIE is available at $280.

12/20 is a Saturday night. Holiday Inn Express isn't on Hotwire on Saturday 12/13 either. The six nights in between are all available. I wonder if this HIE has a "no Hotwire on Saturday nights" rule? If so your daughter's timing was impeccable!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]