Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

mingsu
By mingsu,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Since you're not bidding for a specific hotel, let's back-up one minute and discuss your true objective...

Are you only interested in the Hyatt? (could you also accept the nearby DoubleTree and/or Courtyard properties)

The Hyatt is mostly a business property and there for isn't always available thru Priceline. There is also likely a rate change during your stay which if you bid this stay 'intact' would likely cause you to pay to much for the nites that have a lower rate. Would you be willing to SPLIT YOUR BID?

Is this really a NYC trip and you're looking for a convenient and cheaper alternative or do you have reason to be in NJ?

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll advise further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

We can accept the nearby DoubleTree and/or Courtyard properties and we also can split our bid. We'd like to stay at that property maybe just for weekend.

It is a NYC trip and we're looking for a convenient and cheaper alternative and we don't have any special reason to be in NJ.

Thanks.

This is what i would do to begin:

Select 3* Jersey City 8/6-8/11 (if you can't bid this since you recently bid these dates and were rejected just move on to the next step)

Bid $37 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/10

Bid $37 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/9

Bid $37 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/8

Go thru all of the above and if rejected close that browser, re-access Priceline however you did previously, and bid as follows:

Select 2.5* Jersey City 8/6-8/11 again if these dates are a duplicate bid then just skip this date combination)

Bid $55 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/10

Bid $55 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/9

Bid $55 if rejected change the dates to 8/6-8/8

Good Luck and and let us know how it goes. Depending upon any success above will determine our next move.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks again.

I've tried all the combination but still doesn't work out.

Can I try Aug. 7~~ Aug. 11?

We realy want to have a chance to stay there even for one night.

We are willing to book the weekend 2 nights for 133.29 from their website.

What should we do?

You could try the 7th-11th (as in your allowed, it won't be seen as a duplicate bid) but i'm doubtful you'll be successful as i think the nite of the 11th is a high occupancy nite.

I would sooner book the 3.5* thru Hotwire for 8/6-8/10 (or a subset of those dates) for ~$85/nite... highly believed to be the Hyatt as it shows Restaurant, Pool, Business Center. Be sure to compare the amenities to those shown in our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST.

The other option is to wait another 72 hours, hope the above is still available thru Hotwire and try to beat it with Priceline.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding Hotwire (continue this thread) and/or what you decide to do. If you're successful with that then we'll start a new thread for the solo nite of the 10th.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]