Hotwire Hotel: 3* Stamford-Bridgeport (Bridgeport-Shelton) Holiday Inn Bridgeport

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

This one hasn't been reported to the board and there is no tripadvisor review rating listed so it is tough to narrow down.

I would expect it could be something like the Courtyard by Marriott, or Hilton Garden Inn.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

I don't know, but a shot in the dark would be the Courtyard or the Holiday Inn, both of which have both a Restaurant and Pool and seems to be the right star rating too... but there are likely multiple other possibilities which could fit.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well... I took the 3* $59 hotel, and it turned out to be the Holiday Inn in Bridgeport. I am NOT happy. When it said Bridgeport-Shelton, I thought that meant it would be in Shelton. That's how priceline does it... is that not how Hotwire does it? Do I have any recourse with Hotwire. I think it's really misleading to put Shelton there, if the hotel is in Bridgeport.

JB

I don't know, but a shot in the dark would be the Courtyard or the Holiday Inn...
I was refering to the Holiday Inn in Bridgeport and i don't believe there is a Holiday Inn in Shelton (there is a Holiday Inn Express but that wouldn't have a Restaurant icon)
When it said Bridgeport-Shelton, I thought that meant it would be in Shelton
PRICELINE does it the same way...

The HOTWIRE zone is (Bridgeport-Shelton) and the hotel you receive could be anywhere within the shaded region of the boundaries on the map

PRICELINE showns both regions and zones. Using this region/zone as an example, PRICELINE has a Trumbull - Milford, CT region (you dont' bid on regions) and within that there are three zones which you can select (which you would choose which you're willing to bid):

Bridgeport

Stratford - Milford

Trumbull - Shelton

If you chose (Trumbull-Shelton) your hotel could be anywhere within the general area of Trumbull or Shelton... with the actual area being determined by the boundaries on the map.

You could try complaining to HOTWIRE, but i'm not sure how you didn't think you could end up in Bridgeport given that is part of the zone name, and this hotel is located within the boundaries of the zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JB,

I wish I had good news for you.

I just stayed there over Thanksgiving 2008. (Holiday Inn Bridgeport). I felt the same way as you when I saw where I got.

Once you get inside you will be fine unless you want to swim in the freezing cold pool. But the location is awful and scary. See my post on this forum. I made my husband and teenaged son stay together and unload and park the car while my younger daughters and I went straight inside. And I am not a normally overly frightened type. We had homeless people begging from us as we arrived in the afternoon directly outside the front doors of the hotel.

I doubt you can argue the star rating either, since on the inside this is a VERY nice hotel, with huge rooms and newly renovated, sparkling clean etc. It's just the location that is so bad, in a derelict area, right next to the courthouse and near the train station.

Oh, btw, they had no restaurant, no room service and limited maid service on Thanksgiving Day, I imagine it will be the same on Christmas Day. They did put out some croissants and bananas and coffee for breakfast and they did have some very basic free sandwiches behind the counter -- VERY basic. So plan accordingly for Christmas Day. You will NOT want to walk to the nearby McDonald's, believe me.

Alison

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]