Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Downtown) Renaissance

lisa21
By lisa21,
in

I'm VERY interested in the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale...It's the only 4-star you show in the downtown/Pt. Everglades area of Ft. Lauderdale....If I put in 4 stars and that area as my criteria, anyone know what else I could possibly end up with? I would imagine they would have to match the criteria I enter if I'm awarded a win..am I correct?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you looking at HOTWIRE or PRICELINE?

If HOTWIRE, do a search for your dates and see if any 4* property is offered in this zone within your budget. If so, what are the amenities associated with the offering?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On Hotwire: 4-star in Downtown/Las Olas/Port Everglades. Smoke free, fitness ctr, pool, restaurant, business center, high-speed Internet. It's listing as $196 on HOTWIRE, but I'm planning to "bid"...It's the only 4-star that comes up for that area when I do a search & I'm hoping it's the Renaissance. If it is & I want to bid, how much should I start at? I believe the rate with the hotel directly is about $229 (that's the lowest). THANKS for any help you guys can give me!

Well, I'm not really sure....someone in another set of forums got 3 nights around that time for $153 per night. (Personally, that seems a little high to me....for Hotwire, anyway. The hotel itself quoted $229.)

Also, is it too early to bid for this? Would I be better off waiting?

(PS: Hoboken? Fair Lawn here!)

OH, UPDATE: Last night it was listing for $196 on Hotwire, and now it's $189...

Sorry, just one night: 1/31/09.

I just did another search & it also gave me 2 other options that I may consider: Help, plz?

(Both downtown/Las Olas)

3 stars: shuttle, smoke-free, comp breakfast, fitness ctr, pool, biz ctr, high-speed Internet, $229

Is this Hyatt Place?

2.5 stars: shuttle, comp breakfast, business center, high-speed Internet, $209

Can't find a match for it on your Hotwire list.

LAST QUESTION (I think)...If I bid min 3 stars in this "zone," does that mean I will get either the 3 or 4 star hotel that comes up when I do a search, or is it possible another is going to pop up? (Hope that makes sense.)

I just did another search & it also gave me 2 other options that I may consider
You mention above that $153 sounded high to you... are a 3* at $209 or a 2.5* at $209 realistic options? (especially when the 4* offered is higher rated and less expensive than each of these)

Are you considering the 4* on HOTWIRE are are you looking to bid this on PRICELINE first regardless? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm planning to BID on Hotwire. as it seems w/Priceline there is a wider range of hotels that I could end up, which dzn't really interest me. The 2.5 or 3 stars would depend on what they are, but right now I'm just planning to bid on the 4-star, under the assumption it's Renaissance.

I'm going to do Priceline...If I put in 4 stars, downtown, do you know of any other hotel I might get besides Renaissance or Grand?
There are the only two 'known' hotels reported at this star level, but you could always be the first to report a new 4* hotel in this zone OR reported a previous reported hotel which has been upgraded to the 4* level.
Any clue where I should start the bidding? Each goes for over $225 directly.
If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Start with our link to PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone5...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

However, i'll point out that the strategy above starts low and gradually increases to your limit, so based upon current prices there should be no fear of an overbid.

When you gave your rebidding advice above w/"Rebid Zone 1," etc., you mean to add another zone that dzn't have a 4-star? (That seems to be what I read in the Priceline "instructions.")

I'm still confused by this illustration below...

Let's make it simpler: If I bid today & get rejected, I can only rebid today if I change something, is that correct? If I don't, how long do I have to wait to rebid the same exact criteria, and how many times can I bid on the same criteria (I mean, with waiting the required time b/w bids)?

When you gave your rebidding advice above w/"Rebid Zone 1," etc., you mean to add another zone that dzn't have a 4-star?
Yes.
Let's make it simpler: If I bid today & get rejected, I can only rebid today if I change something, is that correct? If I don't, how long do I have to wait to rebid the same exact criteria, and how many times can I bid on the same criteria (I mean, with waiting the required time b/w bids)?
If you don't want to change any criteria (ie- add a re-bid zone) then you have to wait 24 hours until your next bid (wihtout changing anything). You can wait 24 hours and bid again continually until you run out of time. HOWEVER, there is a risk of overbidding if you simply wait 24 hours and increase your bid each time...

Let's say you bid $75 and are rejected so you increase your bid every 24 hours and continue to get rejected. After a week or so you're up to $135 and your next bid will be $140, but in the interim PRICELINE gets access to discounted inventory at $90... you're next bid is $140 and you therefore overbid $50. Using a technique with re-bid zones gives you the opportunity to get a lowest price each time you go thru a bidding cycle.

We can certainly get you up to speed with re-bidding if you've read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and don't understand or are confused... just ask and we'll break it down for you further. (and always feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Ok, I've moved to the Priceline board, as I'm bidding on PL, not Hotwire...I think I've got this thing figured out, but as far as rebidding....Let me get this straight.

I'm looking for a 4-star in Ft. Lauderdale, downtown (only!). If I'm rejected, I should rebid adding an area in which PL dzn't have any 4-stars listed, is that right? To determine that, I'm just looking at the "matrix" for Ft. Lauderdale & picking an area w/no 4-stars, right? Is this foolproof, or could I be awarded a win in an area I don't want (I mean, in case they do in fact have a 4-star in one of those areas but don't list in their matrix).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]