Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Monterey (Monterey-Pacific Grove) Casa Munras

javatrip
By javatrip,
in

I started my bidding for a 3.5* hotel in Monterey at $80, which was not accepted, but Priceline said that they would accept my offer if I increased it by $22. In my experience with PRICELINE, this means that they will accept a bid with a lesser increase than they suggest (wouldn't it be nice to discover a formula?). Since there is only 1 rebid zone in Monterey, as the third zone in Carmel-Carmel Valley was grayed out, I increased my bid to $88 and it was accepted.

I was surprised to win the Casa Munras, since the Priceline hotel listing shows that it was a 3* that was increased from a 2.5*. It displayed on my winning bid page as a 3.5* property now. I hope that it merits the increase.

I started my bidding using the PRICELINE link on this website.

Congratulations on your win!

The new 3.5* rating has prompted a LOT of upgrades/downgrades, this property included. To alleviate your concerns somewhat, it was over a year ago that this property was last reported at the 2.5* level, and recent reviews for this property have mostly been quite favorable.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and for sharing your win with the board, helping us update the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]