Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Downtown) Renaissance

av8tor
By av8tor,
in

Started at $91 since I had seen previous wins at 91 and 96. I had to increase a few times by adding non-4* zones.

Original bid was for Thurs 1/22 only, then successfully added the second night (Fri) after winning at $110.

2 general questions/comments for the experts:

1) Does the time of day or day of week matter for placing your bids? In other words, do you get worse prices at night and on weekends?

2) Priceline's web site wasn't clear that the add a night feature was just another bid at the same price. I thought it was guaranteed that you could extend at whatever price you originally "won." Had I known this, I probably would have made the original bid for 2 nights. I guess I got lucky by getting the Friday night addition. Any tips on whether bidding for more nights right off the bat is better when staying over a Thursday and Friday nights before a cruise? Perhaps a new information topic regarding this priceline feature might be a big help for board users (or is it already there and I just missed it?).

Thanks for the help & info.

Paul

P.S. I used your PRICELINE link!

Forgot to mention that this was FLL Downtown zone and I couldn't figure out how to edit the topic title.

Congratulations on your win!

There is a thread regarding the add a nite feature here: Priceline Add a Nite

This option isn't always offered, and even when it is, there are no guarantees that your offer will be accepted, and the following example would examplain why this wouldn't be possible...

Let's assume you win a Saturday nite at a hotel during 'normal' occupancy levels... the following Sunday (typcially slow nite for hotels) is fairly empty, but the Friday nite there is an event in town (or at that property) for which the hotel is sold-out. Once you win the Saturday nite stay, PRICELINE doesn't know if you would be looking to extend the stay for the nite before (Friday, which is sold-out) or the nite after (Sunday, which is readily available).

If you'd rather not split the bid and potentially have to change hotels, it's usually best to book both nites together. The time when SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is advantageous is usually when there is a significant price change during the course of your stay.

There is no 'best time to bid' in regards to time of day or day of the week, it's a dynamic system based upon supply/demand and just like 'traditional' rates, opaque rates (PRICELINE and HOTWIRE) are frequently changing based upon how actual demand for rooms is coming in relative to predicted demand.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]