Hotwire Hotel: 5* Venetian Las Vegas Strip

byeloe
By byeloe,
in

I bought this through Hotwire, intending to go fo Double the Difference as I had found several sites that offered my same dates for less.

My total cost was $1441 including fees and taxes

I got the maximum allowable Double the Difference refund of $1000

Giving me a net cost of $441 about $88/night. This would have been a best case scenario using Priceline within 7 days of check-in. Needless to say I am quite pleased that I was able to get this now. I did have a $65/night backup at Treasure Island

The thing that I found interesting is that Hotwire does not offer 5* in Vegas since giving me my refund. Maybe they are adjusting their rates so that others can't take advantage as I did.

They do offer a 4.5* though. Any Idea what it might be?

Good for you!!

I like to see people "zing" companies that deserve it (and in this case, i believe Hotwire deserves it... charging a such a higher rate for a "blind" purchase than the traditional booking services).

I did a search for a one nite stay in the summer for a mid-week nite (the slowest time in Vegas) and did indeed show a 5* hotel at $185 (which i suspect is the Venetian, and i also suspect high for this nite), so i think they probably just pulled it only for the nights that you had booked.

When you say that the best you could do in comparison would be with Priceline within 7 days of check-in, are you saying that the Venetian only releases inventory to Priceline within 7 days of check-in? (that would be good info to know if that is indeed the case)

The 4.5* hotel could be almost anything, but i know Vegas pretty well and might have a better guess if you supplied the amenities.

Congratulations on your "refund check"... that took some guts, so Vegas better watch out when you come to town! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire was definitely lacking 5* availability wed/thurs for many dates other than mine,but i am glad that there are some out there.

As for the Venetian, it is pretty well known from other sites that their best rates are available to priceline within 7days of checkin.

Priceline does have access earlier but never for their lowest rate of $79/nite

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]