Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Hyatt Regency

RussNJodi
By RussNJodi,
in

Used Priceline, 20 Jul, for two rooms, bids modeled after earlier bid on boards this week for same dates:

$60 Vancouver flat reject

Vancouver+Langley, new bid, $66 flat reject

Vancouver+Delta, new bid, $71 flat reject

Looked for other possible rebid combos, couldn't find any. We are booking this for pre-cruise, but was told by someone over at the Cruise Critic boards, there was a city wide conference that week.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks

This is more of an observation, than a what to do next unfortunately...

Your dates are still at the tail end of Summer, so the seasonal price may be high to begin with. Also, when you check Expedia, 4* hotels in Vancouver (where I'm from) start in the $160 range and go up to $250 (and that is in US$'s!). You just may not be able to get a 4* room at the range you've been trying.

Traditional advice would be to try 3*'s or increase your bid (which I'm sure you know). On Hotwire, the 4 1/2 star in Vancouver (Downtown West) is $105. It's probably the Wall Centre which would be my first choice and does not appear to be available on Priceline.

It seems like the hotel that seems to come up a lot on the 4* for Vancouver is the Hyatt. Ranging from mid $50's to around $85 or so. Do you feel comfortable starting at $75 and go up in $5 increments for your rebid zones?

I wouldn't consider staying in another zone however (to save money). Although bus is easily available from the Richmond or Vancouver Airport locations, I think you would kick yourself every time you boarded.

Have a wonderful trip.

Cheers.

I started at $70 for Vancouver DT on June 26 for the same dates and Priceline came back and said I could free rebid if I upped my bid $22. I debated on adding a zone and going up by half but didn't think it was worth it and risk losing out. I had been trying for weeks.

I booked for our post cruise. I was glad to just get it booked and did not mind upping my bid. I ended up at $92 for the Hyatt. Higher than others have gotten it for but less than any other rate I could find. Maybe there is a convention or something.

Versley, Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm sure the info you provided will be VERY helpful to RussNJodi.

Could you also add your win as a new post (and include the star rating of the Hyatt) so that we can accurately reflect the hotel name in the title of the post. This will make it easier for users to see you win by just scanning the thread and then they can choose to read it if they want more info. If RunnNJodi ends up getting a different hotel, they will be no way for anyone to see your win.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks to all for the information, it all helps immensely. Did have one question, I did my rebid with both Delta and Langley; as far as I can tell, those where the only combos I could use to guarantee a four star downtown. Did I miss any other possible combinations?

(If no rebids left, I plan to try the rebids in 3 days starting at $75, in $5 increments. If that doesn't work, may shift over to Hotwire.) Thanks again for the info!

Nope, those are your only re-bid zones.

However, next cycle, try this (the numbers next to each zone is my recommended bid amount... i recommended you bid as high as $90 since the poster above you was counter-offered at $92 and was for the same dates)

Bid Downtown ($75)

Add re-bid zone 1 ($80)

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did prior

Bid Downwtown and re-bid zone2 ($85)

Add re-bid zone 1 ($90)

The above gives you 4 bidding opportunities rather than 3.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again to all. Since my wife's mother is joining us on the cruise, we decided to us her account to bid, so we didn't have to wait for the 72 hours. Got it this time for $75. I'll be adding another thread with the details. Appreciate all the info everyone offered!

This is a follow up to my previous post on a orignally rejected offer. First attempt:

Used Priceline, 20 Jul, for two rooms, bids modeled after earlier bid on boards this week for same dates:

$60 Vancouver flat reject

Vancouver+Langley, new bid, $66 flat reject

Vancouver+Delta, new bid, $71 flat reject

Same night, used another traveller to bid for the two rooms; first bid--downtown at $75, accepted at Hyatt Regency. Thanks for all the and let me know if you have any questions. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]