Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Universal Studios-SeaWorld) JW Marriott Grande Lakes

lucymoosey
By lucymoosey,
in

I am getting ready to bid on Priceline for 3/15 to 3/21/09- would LOVE to get the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes resort, but not sure how much to start bidding at. I have done a ton of research on their rack rates, and the lowest I saw was $279 offered on Marriott's website. The lowest I found anywhere else was to use Priceline Vacations- and based upon the flight and rental car costs I found (separately) and backed out of the package price, I figured they are charging $255 per night if I booked through there.

Any thoughts or advice? I will be starting to bid tomorrow....

Thanks!

I assume you're bidding for a Resort class hotel in the (Universal Studios - SeaWorld) zone?

Keeping in mind you can't bid for a specific property, what is your maximum bid (per nite before taxes and fees) for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

Yes, that is the area/category I was hoping to bid in.

When I went into Priceline's Name Your Own Price section and added my criteria (dates, resort level, and city, etc) it said that hotels in that area retail for $293- so I was thinking of starting my bidding at around $140 to $150- does that sound too low, or too high? I'd be willing to go higher than that- I guess up to $180-$200 if necessary, and hope to get the JW Marriott (but not gripe to this board if I don't!) :0)

I know that there haven't been many wins posted lately for the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes resort, but I am really hoping for a win! :)

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks a million-

R

You should ignore PRICELINE's suggested average price... it's not useful for your bidding.

Since you have time we'll start with a strategy up to $150 and then take it from there.

At the Resort level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select Resort Universal-SeaWorld...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone7...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone8...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Universal-SeaWorld and re-bid zone9...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay- I bid up to $120 and was rejected, which I kind of expected.

Then, I closed my browser, and using the link from this site, re-entered Priceline.

I entered my husband's information, name, credit card number, etc in an attempt to begin bidding with him as the person reserving the travel- however, it seems that it "recognized" me, that I had previously bid on this trip, etc.

Was my mistake using the same e-mail address that I used when I did my own registration?

Is there any way to get around this now, or am I stuck waiting the 24 hours?

-R

Woo hoo! I won it!!!!

I got the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes for $155 per night-

The lowest I've seen anywhere on the internet was $279 through marriott.com and approximately $255 per night through Priceline Vacations (after backing out the estimated cost of the flights and rental car)

Betterbidding.com is the BEST!!!!

I will post my win in a different thread.

Thanks a million!!!!!!

-R

I started my bidding at $75, and was rejected all the way up through $120 by adding zones (luckily for me, there was only 1 other zone which had a Resort category hotel!)- then had my husband try to resume bidding after exhausting all zones at $120.

I went up by $5 increments to $155, and won the exact hotel I wanted!!!!

I am absolutely thrilled, and cannot thank Betterbidding.com enough!

Will definitely be back with more posts on future vacations!!!!

-R

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]