Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTC) Sheraton New York

Gord
By Gord,
in

I've found a 2.5* in Chelsea MSG for $159 per night from 12/24/08 - 12/28/08. Based on amenities it could be the Holiday Inn Express but since the Hotwire site doesn't list a trip advisor rating for this hotel, it's more difficult to narrow it down. Anybody have any helpful tips? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This property has not yet been identified, but i don't believe it is the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden as that was last reported at the 3* level (and i think it's still rated as such) and also had an additional amenity icon relative to the above offering.

Do you need to be in this particular zone?

On my own HOTWIRE search for your dates i'm seeing this property offered at $159/nite... which doesn't seem like such a great value for a 2.5* property when there are 4* and 4.5* hotels offered in nearby, centrally located zones, for just a little more ($20-$25 per nite) To jump two full star ratings for just $20 more per nite seems like a very good value proposition.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We don't need to stay in that area - we're just trying to keep the costs down. I did find a 3* in Times Square Theatre district for $169 with restaurant, fitness, high speed that seems like it could be either the Washington Jefferson or the Hilton Garden Inn but again - no trip advisor ratings listed by Hotwire. Two questions:

Why do some Hotwire hotels have TA listings and some don't and two - what other ways are available to narrow down the possibilities?

By the way - the 4.5* in Midtown Central in that same search for 179 with restaurant, business, fitness and high speed looks to be the Royalton. Would you agree?

Thanks for all the help.

Gord

The showing of Tripadvisor ratings seems random and hotel specific... some hotels almost always show them, some never show them, and some seem to show/not show from search-to-search. (and no, it's not that those well rated do show them while those poorly rated dont' show them :) )

Using the amenity combination is the best method for identifying hotels, everything else (such as tripadvisor info) should be used for confirmation of the guess based upon the amenity combination.

Yes, i agree that the 4.5* is likley the Royalton and that would be our best guess.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried to book the 4.5* we discussed but it came up with "that itinerary is no longer available". The frustrating part is, the HOTWIRE site continues to show that same hotel in every search we do. As a newbie I'm wondering if this will not change until tomorrow or if perhaps we're just doing something wrong in our booking?

Sometimes it's a technical issue and problems with the computers 'communicating' with each other to complete the trasnsaction. With time on your side i would give this a day to see if it resolves itself.

Give us an update in 24 hours.

Tried again but the hotel had disappeared from the list. We did book a 4* for $174 and got the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. Had great reviews and we are thrilled to be going to NYC and staying at a 4* for less than $200/night. Thanks again for all the help.

Congratulations on your success!

Was this purchase on HOTWIRE? If so, can you please add to this thread the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page (if instread this was on PRICELINE please let us know and we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board)

Glad to see you're happy with the results and looking forward to your stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Tried again but the hotel had disappeared from the list. We did book a 4* for $174 and got the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. Had great reviews and we are thrilled to be going to NYC and staying at a 4* for less than $200/night. Thanks again for all the help.

What were the amenities? I'm looking for 4* hotels in that area and just wanted to know if the Sheraton is listed on my date (December 20 to 23) on Hotwire or if it's another hotel.

Thank you very much

What were the amenities? I'm looking for 4* hotels in that area and just wanted to know if the Sheraton is listed on my date (December 20 to 23) on Hotwire or if it's another hotel.

Thank you very much

Nevermind, I just looked at those dates and found out that there was the Smoke-free icon. So this probably means that the hotel I'm looking at on December 20 to 23 is not the Sheraton (because it doesn't show that icon), right? Anyone knows what it could be? It has business, internet, restaurant and fitness. This 4* in MTC for $149. Any help appreciated.

Sorry for the delay - hope this helps. Amenities were smoke-free, fitness, business, high-speed and restaurant. It was the smoke-free one that threw us because it wasn't listed in Betterbidding's Hotwire Hotel list but we had it narrowed down to Sheraton Towers, Helmsley, Warwick and Sofitel. We took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. We'll update with pics etc. on our return. Thanks once again to everyone for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]