Priceline Hotel: Best strategy for free Internet in Seattle, either downtown or by airp

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I may spend the night of Nov. 13 in Seattle (still not 100% decided), and may do so either in the airport, downtown, or Lake Union zone.

I'd like to figure out a good strategy to get free wireless, or even a free wired connection, although I know it's not possible to be 100% certain when dealing with Priceline or Hotwire.

I remember the Doubletree Seatac has wireless in the lobby, but I'm not sure if it's free. The Radisson has complimentary wireless (I looked it up).

Hilton Seatac says it has wireless in the lobby, but again I'm not sure it's free.

The Springhill Suites has free wired access in the rooms.

I won't have a car, so I don't want to do Renton, Kent, or some other location.

I think I would consider a 2*, but the places by the airport look sort of sketchy, so maybe I'd prefer a 2.5* or better.

Any suggestions as to some possible approaches? Free Internet has not been a priority on previous stays, so I haven't paid a lot of attention to it. I know Colfax is very knowledgeable about this subject, though!

As mentioned, I haven't 100% committed to this stay, so I'm just researching my options.

I thought you were the Seattle expert, WillTravel! I guess I'm the expert on "free", lol.

To my knowledge the 3* Hilton and Doubletree are the only hotels in SeaTac zone that still charge for internet. If someone knows of another hotel that charges please post it here. Unfortunately there's no way to screen out the Doubletree and Hilton from your bidding. It seems most 2.5* bids in SeaTac get upgraded to 3*, so that's not a surefire strategy, and as you note, some of the 2* hotels are sketchy.

I've stopped at the LaQuinta on International Blvd (which is not a sketchy hotel) and used my laptop in their lobby, which has free wireless. There are plenty of tables for setting up in their breakfast area and nobody has ever questioned my presence.

Hotwire has a 3.5* in Seatac zone for $64 and a 3* for $79. If you can win a 3* on PRICELINE for $45-50 even if you have to pay $9.95 for Internet you'll be beating the HOTWIRE rates.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not go to Seattle last night. Instead, I went early this morning, and proceeded straight to the Doubletree, which has free wireless in the lobby, numerous places to sit, a comfortable environment, and of course most importantly, accessible power plugs! I'll take my flight later, but this is a comfortable place to hang out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]