Priceline Hotel: Miami- downtown, south beach,airport

Lorian
By Lorian,
in

I've done 3 rounds of bidding for above city and dates. Started at $55 for 4* then 3*for each zone ,denied all. On 3rd time I went up to $75 again denied. I'll have to wait another 72 hours but does anyone have any advise? Thanks in advance. Lorian

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's too early to be bidding every 72 hours and as high as you have been (well, not so in the South Beach zone, but it is (IMO) for the Downtown zone.

What is you order of preference of zones and maximum bid? Let us know and we'll provide a strategy for you to follow, but i would only bid it every 2 weeks or so at this point.

Also, it's not clear from your above post, but are familiar with and did you use RE-BIDS?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello and welcome to Lorian - one factor in the availability of rooms *MIGHT* be that your dates are just before the Miami Intl. Boat Show, an event that always fills up hotels (and sells out rental cars - I found out the hard way). Although the show itself starts on the 17th, lots of vendors and dealers come early to set up and do pre-show sales.

Hi, THEREUARE, my preference would be for a 3 or [ doesn't have to be] 4* downtown location at , hopefully under $100. When you bid on Priceline do "they" track how many bids you make to determine if you are ripe to pay a bit more or are a certain # of rooms given them weekly so it's best to bid early in the week? Or is it purely chance? I guess the fact that mid Feb. is prime season and Valentine's day might have something to do with it. Thanks for your help.

The entire system is automated.

To oversimplify things: The computer takes your bid and then looks at the inventory available, if you bid is equal to or higher than a rate that is loaded into inventory, you'll be accepted.

I think it is way to early to be adding the zones that you really don't want. Sure it's Valentine's Day (can you remind me as we get closer? :) ) and there may be winter vacations taking place around this time as well, but i would:

1) Book a cancellable back-up so that you know you'll have a roof over your head. This takes a lot of pressure off of the bidding process and the 'i have to win' feeling.

2) You have two RE-BID Zones when bidding 3* in this area. If you're unsure of how re-bidding works or want to confirm which zones qualify feel free to ask before bidding.

Bid as follows:

3* Downtown Miami

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45.

I would NOT bid this every 72 hours or you will drive yourself crazy and get discouraged. Try this every 2 weeks or so until the end of October at which point we'll re-visit this and consider a higher bid or adding zones.

Please keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]