Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbia (Northwest) Courtyard

irobot
By irobot,
in

I don't know if it's across the board, but I've seen wins for Courtyards in different locations coming in as 3*, when they have always been listed as 2.5 in the past. I just won a Courtyard in NW Columbia that I've gotten MANY times in the past as a 2.5, and they're calling it a 3* now. I'm here now, and nothing looks different to me. Wonder if this has something to do with the new 3.5* rating? (or did that just replace the Botique category?

I don't know if it's across the board, but I've seen wins for Courtyards in different locations coming in as 3*, when they have always been listed as 2.5 in the past. I just won a Courtyard in NW Columbia that I've gotten MANY times in the past as a 2.5, and they're calling it a 3* now. I'm here now, and nothing looks different to me. Wonder if this has something to do with the new 3.5* rating? (or did that just replace the Botique category?

can you please post the details of your winning bid?

I'm pretty familiar with this market, since my company has an office here. I started out at $42 for a 2.5* in the NW, which was declined. Bumped to $45 and added downtown, I was "upgraded" to a 3* for the Marriott Courtyard, which has been a 2.5 for like forever. I find this new PL re-rating scheme to move the business class hotels like Courtyard and Hyatt Place (and I assume Garden Inn, although I haven't won one of those lately) to 3*, is a VERY bad and misleading move. This makes the 3* rating so broad that it's virtually meaningless. I mean, look, saying that (for instance) the Hyatt Suites is a comparable property to the Marriott Courtyard in Columbia is laughable. This TOTALLY undermines the credibility of PL <end rant>.

Thanks for the post.

I've mentioned before that i think adding an additional star category will be an overall positive move as it adds an additional star category for 'in between' hotels. This should allow for hotels to be more accurately rated going forward, and I'm sure many previously 3 star 'full service' hotels (Hyatt, Marriott, etc) will be ugpraded to the 3.5* level, but in the interim it will take some getting used to and adjustment in mindset what is to be expected at each star level.

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]