Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Sheraton Centre

sheenzilla
By sheenzilla,
in

Hi

I'm looking to go to Montreal Nov 9-12 and looking for some advice.

I've never used HOTWIRE or PRICELINE before. When I go to Priceline, is the region 5 "Montreal" in fact downtown?

If I go for a 4 star in "5" am I pretty much guaranteed a great hotel that will be walkable to everything??

Please advise!

Thanks so much!

If anyone can tell me if there are more 3 or 4 stars closer to old Montreal that would be great too....that way I can decide on a 3 or 4 considering I want to be closer to old Montreal.

You're correct that zone 5 'Montreal' is downtown Montreal.

As for every hotel in the zone being walkable to everything, it all depends on how far you are willing to walk.

My very first time in Montreal I stayed at the Clarion which is at the western end of the action on Ste. Catherine, and it was almost a 45min walk to Old Montreal (my girlfriend was not too pleased as she was in her heels). Then again, just last year I won the Inter-Continental on PRICELINE which is right at the edge of Old Montreal, but a 15min walk just to the east end of the action on Ste. Catherine. Both of these hotels are within the 'Montreal' zone.

If you are willing to walk up to 30min (or more) to get somewhere, then Montreal is very walkable. Unlike New York which could take you hours.

I would say that the hotels in downtown Montreal are scattered throughout and there isn't one region that has a higher concentration than the other. However, more of them reside closer to Ste. Catherine than Old Montreal, so your chances are greater that you would end up somewhere along Ste. Catherine.

If you are looking to stay near Old Montreal, then HOTWIRE may be a better way to go because you have a chance at narrowing down which hotel you will get.

You may want to read the following threads to get up to speed on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE:

I've never used priceline or hotwire before

Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

If you let us know your budget and how flexible you are with where you are willing to stay then we can make some suggestions to help you find a great deal.

Just a quick snapshot: On HOTWIRE, I am seeing what looks to be the Sheraton for $89/night for your dates

(4* hotel with amenities: pool, fitness, restaurant, internet, business, spa)

Thanks so much!

In terms of budget, I want something in the $75-85 range. I am pretty flexible, I don't mind walking too much but I want a nice area. My bf is picky about that and this is a trip I'm planning to try and salvage a 5 year relationship thats turned into daily fighting! Minimal stress is required but I don't want to go broke either.

HOTWIRE I guess would suffice, but I really want to get a great deal on this. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

If you are OK with staying anywhere in the PRICELINE 'Montreal' zone (which is based around Ste. Catherine and is a pretty nice area), then I'm fairly confident that you'll be able to find a great hotel in your range.

You can generally get a better deal on PRICELINE than on HOTWIRE due to the fact that you have no clue what you are going to get, so to keep the cost down you can exercise your flexibility and go with PRICELINE.

Keep in mind that there are no cancelations, so you have to be open to all possibilities.

You can check out the hotel list for Montreal here: Priceline Canada Hotel List to get an idea of some of the hotels that have been reported as PRICELINE wins. Keep in mind that this list is by no means definitive as hotels and star ratings can change at any time. It should be used as a general guideline.

Let us know what star rating you want and we can advise a bidding strategy accordingly...But be sure to understand how PRICELINE works first.

A few regular rate examples - just to toss out other ideas.

In terms of regular rate service examples, the Le Parker Meridien Versailles is $93.12 non-refundable for these dates on Orbitz. Use coupon code FABSAVE10 and you get 10% off each night.

The Maritime Plaza Hotel is $86 on Orbitz, plus you get free breakfast. Use FABSAVE10 for 10% off.

There are quite a few other Orbitz.com options in this price range, as well. If you are interested in this idea, it would be greatly appreciated if you could start your purchase by using the site's link to Orbitz.com. (click the Orbitz.)

Let me check to see what Expedia has to offer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]