Priceline Hotel: 5* North Strip Question

cgarguy
By cgarguy,
in

Decided to join the forum, have spent many hours reading and researching posts. Have used the recommedations in the past and they have worked. We are going to Las Vegas Nov 6-11. Currenlty have reservations and Harrahs but would like to look at moving to Venitian or Palazzo if possible. I have noticed the Trump hotel is now a 5* in the north strip area. Is it possible to "stay away" from trump and only get bids from venitian or palazzo.

Thanks

From what I know, there is NO WAY to really strategize to try and get the Palazzo or Venetian and not the Trump, plus there is the possibility of being the first to win a new 5* hotel in the North Strip that wasn't reported on this board before (Wynn possibly?)

It's the luck of the draw and whichever hotel's accepting price is closest to your bid.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Decided to join the forum... Have used the recommedations in the past and they have worked.
It would have been a better time to join the forum after you won your first hotel, sharing your winning bid with the others on the board... maybe your win could have helped another user just as the posts of others helped you with your own bids. :)

In regards to your 5* Vegas question there is no way to target, or avoid, a particular hotel via Pirce.line... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating you select.

If you are trying to target, or avoid, a particulare hotel then HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess, or determine that it's not a hotel you're trying to avoid, based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board and use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I put in a request for 5* (north las vegas) for $120 and was counter offered by PRICELINE that for $22 more, one hotel would accept for Thanksgiving Thursday and the next day (I am staying two nights). I wanted to stay at the Venetian or Palazzo, however, at $144 (suggested by PRICELINE), I think they would give me the TRUMP hotel. So I did not complete the transaction.

When I increased my price to $130, PRICELINE did not allow me to enter that figure. It said the new bid must be $142 (the counter offer price).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]