Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Holiday Inn Express

hsjeon
By hsjeon,
in

Hello. this is my first time using BetterBidding.

I am looking for a hotel with complimentary breakfast in downtown San Diego for 11/16 - 11/19

I have three hotels.

$59 2 star Downtown Harbor Island - complimentary breakfast

$66 2.5 star downtown harbor island - complimentary breakfast, pools, resturants, laudary facilities, and high speed internet

$83 2 star gaslamp - complimentary breakfast, business center, laudary facilities, and high speed internet

Can you help me?

Thanks!!!

Here's what I think the hotels could be:

2* Downtown Harbour - Rodeway Inn and Suites

2.5* Downtown Harbour - Holiday Inn Express

2* Gaslamp - Comfort Inn Gaslamp/Convention Centre (this one hasn't been reported to the board but matches the tripadvisor traveler review rating that HOTWIRE lists for this property at 3.5/5 based on 60+ reviews)

These would be my best guesses.

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

If this is the Holiday Inn Express SAN DIEGO DOWNTOWN, at 1430 SEVENTH AVE., we had some very disgruntled family members who stayed there last December. Though the hotel knew that they would be having a water outage the first morning of our family's stay, they did not notify them in advance, giving them a chance to get another hotel. As it was, our family arrived late at night, and had planned on sleeping in in the morning to recuperate from jet lag. They were forced, however, to wake early before the 8 AM water shutoff. And the hotel was a funky old motel that even the greatest renovation in the world can't transform. The street noise and postage stamp pool are pitiful. It is right next to Ash Street, one of the busiest streets downtown during rush hours -- it leads right to the 163. I noticed that right now the pool is under renovation. If you were counting on that amenity, and Hotwire listed it, you might have an out. For me, I think there are much better options. The Courtyard Old Town is a nice property, and though they don't have a complimentary breakfast, they do have a reasonably priced breakfast buffet that is quite good. And you can park for free on the street adjoining the property to the south (also to the north). The Holiday Inn charges $14/day, and there are no free parking options downtown. The Courtyard is a MUCH higher quality hotel, and you can take the trolley to Downtown if that's where you need to be. Just a 5-10 min. walk from the hotel.... The rooms are decorated nicely, and you can request a courtyard facing room the night before. The rooms facing the freeway are insulated very well, and have not been a problem in the past. We have gotten the hotel many times for $50, bidding in the Point Loma...Old Town zone. The Courtyard was just upgraded to a 3*, and the 2 competitive hotels at that level are much more expensive, so you are likely to get the Courtyard.

Other good choices are the 3 or 3.5* hotels in Mission Valley, if you have a car. For $70/night we just got the Doubletree Mission Valley, which is a lovely hotel. And though they say there is a parking fee, you can park in the adjoining Hazard Center parking garage for free -- just move your car once a day so as not to stand out... :) (The Doubletree simply cordons off an area of this very same parking garage...)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]