Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Millenium Broadway

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Here are some ideas for your dates, keeping in mind your preference for UM/CPS and a potential 'back-up' at the Alex thru Expedia:

Hotwire has a 3* MTC hotel (look at the zone as it's close to Priceline's UM/CPS zone) for $125/nite. Amenities shown are Restaurant and Fitness but other than that, this hotel has not yet been identified.

QUICKBOOK is showing the Park Central for $199/nite... maybe an option if you'd rather not change hotels.

A final option would be to try Priceline had higher rates than previously (since we already know they were rejected at lower rates):

July 19th-21st

Select 4* UM/CPS and...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $175.

(or whatever other levels you feel is appropriate relative to your options above)

If rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously:

Select 3* UM/CPS and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $140.

If the above fails i can add a strategy to start looking at the MTE, MTW, and/or MTS zones, but i'm not clear from your first post if you have bid these areas yet when you tried for the complete stay. If you did just let us know how high you went (i think it was $150) and we'll add a strategy from there... but once you start getting over $150 for a hotel not in your desired zone you may want to just take a chance with the $125 Hotwire 3* or buy the $199/nite rate thru QB since 'paying up a little' may be worth not having to change hotels)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Being in a bit of a hurry and a fading cell battery I bumped up the amounts a little. Started at CPS $160/175/190 and added MTW on the 190 bid.

Got the Millenium Broadway.

Will do it more methodically next time when I have more time. Happy to get a 4 star! A little R&R before heading downmarket later this week.

Thanks for the strategy. I used SavingsBarn.com.

Sounds good... i'm glad to see all of your plans are now set!

Enjoy all your stay(s).

BTW, if you're around this Wednesday nite, i recommend this free outdoor concert by LUCY KAPLANSKY at Madison Square Park (between Fifth and Madison Avenues and 23rd and 26th Streets). Concert starts at 7pm and i'm guessing will run for an hour (or maybe two?) My wife and I frequently go to her shows around NYC.

Lucy Kaplansky is a singer songwriter who plays acoustic guitar and she is great to see live. Her music is very soft and mellow although the message of her lyrics are quite powerful (while often being somewhat dark).

I may go myself depending upon the weather and how much work i can get done between now and then. If anyone in the area is interested in going i'll keep you updated as to my status.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]