Hotwire Hotel: Quebec City /Aug 19-30 / Help Please

lcools
By lcools,
in

:)

Hi,

I'd like to book a hotel for up to 4 days in Quebec city. I've checked several different dates. Only 2 come up between Aug 19 - 30. A 4* ranging from 92-101 with Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed / Business Center and a 3* ranging from 91-106 with Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed.

At those rates I don't want to take a chance with the 3* and get the Holiday Inn or Best Western. I can't do Priceline because I'm in Canada!

Does anyone have an idea what the 4 star might be?

I can book the Hilton or Delta for around 115US with Expedia.ca so I'd hope it's something luxurious / old Quebec???

Thanks for any help,

lcools

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here are some thoughts:

First give this thread a read: PRICELINE CANADA.

If the above thread helps you we'll be happy to help with a bidding strategy, if not, you still have a few options:

Thru Expedia i didn't see the $115 rate you reference... i get a rate of $122 for the Delta and $146 for the Hilton.

You can book one nite (or two or three) at the 4* offered thru Hotwire. If you're happy with the result, book the remaining nites of your stay (as the hotel does appear to show up for sub-sets of your dates). If you don't like the hotel, you'll only be there for one nite (or up to three) and then be moving to a hotel that you'll be more looking forward to.

QuickBook has the Chateau Mont Sainte Anne for only $88/nite. I don't know much about this hotel and i think it's slightly out of your prefered geographical area, but the REVIEWS seem favorable.

Let us know how else we can help and/or what you decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:)

Hi,

I'd like to book a hotel for up to 4 days in Quebec city. I've checked several different dates. Only 2 come up between Aug 19 - 30. A 4* ranging from 92-101 with Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed / Business Center and a 3* ranging from 91-106 with Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed.

At those rates I don't want to take a chance with the 3* and get the Holiday Inn or Best Western. I can't do Priceline because I'm in Canada!

Does anyone have an idea what the 4 star might be?

I can book the Hilton or Delta for around 115US with Expedia.ca so I'd hope it's something luxurious / old Quebec???

Thanks for any help,

lcools

I mised that you only needed 4 nites within the dates in the title.

I still think it would be worthwile booking one nite to see the hotel.... then determine if you want to book the other nites or not.

I merged this post into your existing thread... please don't double post but keep all your requests for the same date within the same thread. It makes the board much easier for everyone to follow. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure how I double posted. Hope I'm doing this reply right!

I checked Priceline Canada thread. Thanks!

I checked QuickBook: some good rates but not familiar with most of the hotels...might track some down when I have more energy. There sure is a lot to consider when booking. Whew.

I was probably off on the Hilton but the Delta price was in US, so 146 Cad sounds right-less than the Holiday Inn or Best Western I think. $100 US for a Hotwire is only a deal if it's a great place. Considering the St. Paul in Old town for 129 Cad but still up in the air about parking. Was going to drive but maybe it'll be a hassle to get parking downtown-my raised van doesn't fit in parking garages.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]