Priceline Hotel: 1* Grand Rapids (Southeast) Super 8

STC
By STC,
in

:) Well, chalk this one up to failed bidding experiments. I was going for a 3* hotel near the Grand Rapids airport (or Grand Rapids "Southeast" in Priceline's lingo) and got a 1* motel instead. I started out with an initial bid of $30 for 3* just to see if I could get something. The bid was rejected. Then going off an earlier post in this forum that suggested there were no 1* hotels in Priceline's stable of Grand Rapids Southeast options, I added $5 to my bid and also checked the 1* box. The bid was accepted, but to my surprise, not for a 3* hotel but for the 1* Super8 Motel! Argh. Oh well. There are worse places to spend a night. :)

Moderator, can you add this place to the pinned list of Grand Rapids Priceline hotels/motels? I hope someone can benefit from this little failed experiment of mine.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As i'm sure you've "learned your lesson" with this one, there's no reason to experiment and take unnecessary risks when you have 10 days before your check-in. I'm not sure where you read that there were no 1* hotels available in this zone, but i have always recommended assuming that PRICELINE has a hotel in the zone at a given star level if they allow bidding at that level in the zone.

Sorry this one didn't work out well for you. Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, that all became apparent to me afterward. I realized Priceline wouldn't list a star level unless it had a property at that level. And, truth be told, I realized something was off too when I was doing it. (I've previously followed the guidelines on this message board correctly and progressively added areas that didn't have the star level I was looking for with great success.) And, truth be told, I got a little impatient when, yes (sheepish grin), I still had lots of time to even try the same bid over 24 hours later.

For what it's worth, here's the earlier post I was reading that suggested the 1* strategy might work for Grand Rapids: Priceline Grand Rapids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]