Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Sofitel

mlgood
By mlgood,
in

I actually bid for this room back in May (sorry to be so tardy in posting!) when it was showing on Hotwire (4.5*) for $220/nt. Decided to splurge on a 4* for this leg of our 8 day summer vacation through eastern Ontario and parts of Quebec. Best price on the internet sites was $319/nt!

Bid 4* Montreal $75 - rejected

Added Pointe Claire - bid $80 - rejected

Added Longueil - bid $85 - rejected

Added Laval - bid $90 - accepted

Subtotal - $180.00

Taxes & S/C - 25.15

Total Charges - 205.15

Called the hotel to request 2 double beds - there is a $40/nt upcharge for the room with two doubles!! :) (Darn those kids!) I even priced the different rooms on their website and it's true. The reservations clerk told me that if I registered for the Sofitel loyalty program one of the perks that they will honour, if available, is the upgrade to a room with two doubles. I did that and then called with my number and we will see what happens. Frankly if it doesn't work out, for 40 bucks a night no problem, my kids will be sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor! Haven't told them that though.

I am posting this from the business center at the Sofitel.

I can confirm what you found out over the phone: At check-in I showed my Sofitel card and politely asked for a room with two beds. The check-in agent then offered me an upgrade for a charge, which I declined. He then gave it to me anyways - just a little hesitantly. He then told me that next time I should rather book with the hotel diretly rather than through the internet. :) No mention of Priceline and he was very nice.

The room and the entire hotel is really great! (Only things I miss are a pool and an in-room coffee maker!) I will post a complete review when I come back.

I shall now proceed to the bar to enjoy my complimentary welcome drink. :)

Enjoy your stay there!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]