Hotwire Hotel: 3* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

kbarton
By kbarton,
in

Looking for a one night stay on Sat 11/20, pre-cruise for 3 rooms. Checked availability on hotwire and can get:

Embassy Suites $117

Sheraton Yankee Trader $93

Amerisuites $76

or a 3star beach hotel with the following amenities: beach access, restaurant, pool, fitness center

These amenities don't match up exactly with any hotels on the list. Any ideas or input would be much appreciated.

Welcome to BB!

Friends, family and I bid this DT Ft. Lauderdale zone alot and believe you can get the 2.5* Amerisuites or even a 3* for Sat nite 20 Nov for a low $50+ $12.27=$62.27 on Priceline. Right this moment HW is showing the DT 2.5* (suite) for $84. Valuetrips is showing the Amerisuites for $75+. :)

There are a few Best Westerns in the area which could fit, but other than that there amenities just aren't descriptive enough for this area to gain any additional insight.

I think for a one nite stay most cruisers choose the Downtown area as it's a bit more convenient to the pier.

If you're not that picky you may also want to consider Priceline as i'd imagine you can beat most of the above prices... if you'd like to do that let us know and we'll be happy to help with a bidding strategy.

Welcome to the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Okay- we've finalized our plans and have decided after much reading on these boards how we'd like to proceed but would love help with a bidding strategy on Priceline for the following:

3 Rooms

1 night stay on 11/20/04

Downtown Miami 3 or 4 star

What should be my starting bid on Priceline and my re-bid strategy? Hope I included everything you need.

Thanks!

I believe the 3* level in Downtown Miami offers much better value than the 4* hotels. You have 2 re-bids available when bidding 3* in this zone, if you need help or want to confirm your re-bid zones please feel free to do so.

This is how i would proceed:

3* Miami Downtown

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) :)

Happy to say that I bid again after my 72 hr wait and here's what I got.

First Bid, Miami Downtown, $35, rejected

Re-bid and added North Miami zone at $41, rejected

Re-bid and added SW Miami zone at $46 and got...

Hyatt Regency Miami

3 Rooms for 11/20 at $46.00/nt plus tax = $164.22 total

I'm very happy as this was my first time using priceline.

Thank you so much for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]