Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Doubletree Airport

arbutus08
By arbutus08,
in

I would think that most 3* hotels in the area offer free shuttle service, but this is not an amenity guaranteed by PRICELINE... if you want to ensure that the hotel offers a shuttle you'll need to use HOTWIRE and choose a hotel with a shuttle icon (and then also try to ID the property to make sure that there is no charge for it, although the area is small enough that i don't think anyone within the zone at the 3* level you charge for this service)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody can give 100% assurance because hotel policies can change at any time, but last we heard all the reported 3* hotels in Sea-Tac zone had free shuttles. Some of those hotels were upgraded to 3.5* last week. I think you can feel confident of having a shuttle if you bid for a 3.5* on Priceline.

Congratulations on your win!

I'm assuming this property offers shuttle service so i'm glad to see you got a great deal and it provides the service(s) you need.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm surprised to see this Doubletree come up as a 3* because almost all Doubletrees and Hiltons were upgraded to 3.5* last week. This is the first fresh report of a Doubletree rated 3* that I've seen since the new ratings started.

Priceline isn't offering 3.5* bidding in Seatac zone, which means the SeaTac Hilton's been left 3* too.

I'm wondering if corporate Hilton requested from Priceline NOT to upgrade the two Seatac hotels to 3.5*, in order to protect their brand opacity. If Doubletree and Hilton were upgraded to 3.5* and all the remaining 3* hotels in the zone left as 3* then bidders could guarantee themselves a Hilton property by bidding 3.5*, which Hilton doesn't like. We've seen Hilton request downgrades from 3* to 2.5* in the past, for the same reason.

A followup to my comment that most 3* Doubletree and Hilton were upgraded to 3.5*...

I'm looking at the Portland, OR zone map and I see there's no 3.5* offered in the Convention Center-Lloyd Center zone or Vancouver, WA zone. That means the Lloyd Center Doubletree and Vancouver Hilton weren't upgraded to 3.5* either.

I'm looking at the Portland, OR zone map and I see there's no 3.5* offered in the Convention Center-Lloyd Center zone or Vancouver, WA zone. That means the Lloyd Center Doubletree and Vancouver Hilton weren't upgraded to 3.5* either.

Not that the Doubletree Lloyd Center would have merited an upgrade. The Vancouver Hilton, on the other hand, would have been fully deserving of a 3.5* rating, but obviously Hilton won't allow it.

I have posted the rating changes for hotels in the Seattle and Portland areas in this topic on the new 3.5 rating. The upgrade of the Marriott Seattle Waterfront to 3.5* appears separately because I didn't find it until after my first post. This will have to do until thereuare is able to update the hotel lists for those cities.

I've been concentrating on systematically going thru each state and updating accordingly, that i hadn't updated the hotels in the list referenced above. However, i just went back and updated the lists with the hotels that tilepusher and dahammer provided (there were some from Colfax and zbenye for California which were already updated)... other posts are a 'hotel here and there' so for the sake of time i'm going to leave those until i get to each state and update the entire list at once.

Thanks for everyone's help and support :)

Thanks for researching and posting updated Priceline ratings for the Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver hotels, tilepusher. Your revised lists are a big help and I know thereuare will get them transcribed as soon as he's able.

Not that the Doubletree Lloyd Center would have merited an upgrade. The Vancouver Hilton, on the other hand, would have been fully deserving of a 3.5* rating, but obviously Hilton won't allow it.

I have mixed feelings about the Doubletree Lloyd Center. The hotel has two towers, one older than the other, and I've stayed in both. I'd call the newer tower a 3.5* but the small rooms in the older tower are 3* at best.

Thanks, Colfax. When I found out about the rating system change, I was curious about how it would affect bidding strategy in places that I had previously researched, which started my latest research binge. I've learned how important it is to be armed with up-to-date information, and I hope that others will take advantage.

I've only stayed at the Doubletree once, in the older tower, so I my experience with the hotel is very limited. But based on that stay, I would have to say that the rooms and facilities are not as nice as the 3.5* hotels downtown or the 3* Crowne Plaza Convention Center. Of course, I can't comment on the rooms in the newer tower, but those aren't the rooms the hotel is selling to you on Priceline. In my opinion, the Doubletree is a perfectly good 3* hotel - I would have no problem staying there again - but I don't see a reason for Priceline to consider raising its rating.

Speaking of the Crowne Plaza, I'm rather surprised that most of the Crowne Plaza and Embassy Suites hotels that I've come across in my research are still rated 3*. I would have expected more of them to have been upgraded to 3.5*.

I've only stayed at the Doubletree once, in the older tower, so I my experience with the hotel is very limited. But based on that stay, I would have to say that the rooms and facilities are not as nice as the 3.5* hotels downtown or the 3* Crowne Plaza Convention Center. Of course, I can't comment on the rooms in the newer tower, but those aren't the rooms the hotel is selling to you on Priceline.
Both my Portland Doubletree stays, in the old tower and the new, were on Priceline. I think getting the new tower was a fluke as most Priceline customers report going to the old tower. My first stay I got a large room on a high floor in the new tower with a awesome view of downtown and the river. The second time I got a small rooom on a low floor in the old tower overlooking the hotel's HVAC equipment. It seemed to me like these were two entirely different hotels.

I think Priceline should rate the towers differently---one as 3.5* and one as 3*. The same could be said for the two towers at Portland's Downtown Hilton, and the Westin St. Francis in SF, although the Westin's towers are probably 3.5* and 4*. Hotwire does dual rating at the Atlantis in Reno. One tower is 3.5* and the other tower is rated 4* and both can be for sale at the same time, at different prices.

Speaking of the Crowne Plaza, I'm rather surprised that most of the Crowne Plaza and Embassy Suites hotels that I've come across in my research are still rated 3*. I would have expected more of them to have been upgraded to 3.5*.
I don't think Priceline looked at hotels on an individual basis when they did their reratings last week. They mostly seemed to rerate based on brand name. Marriotts, Sheratons, Doubletrees and Hiltons got upgraded from 3* to 3.5* (other than those Doubletree/Hiltons that stayed 3* for opacity reasons) while Radissons and Holiday Inns and Crowne Plazas were left as 3*. I don't think that's entirely fair, rating strictly by brand name, as there are some dumpy Marriotts and Doubletrees that should stay 3*, imo, especially when they have a policy of putting Priceline customers in their older wings and there are some very nice Radissons and Crowne Plazas that deserve 3.5*. Portland's Crowne Plaza just underwent a total renovation but Priceline still has it 3*, in the same class as the Red Lion!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]