SDF Louisville Alamo Midsize

batman19
By batman19,
in

i'm going on a trip to FL and would like to get a rental car drive from louisville, KY.

1. i'm leaving early morning Sat 9/13 and return on 9/20 (late night around 10-11pm)

does it make a diff if i get my car Friday afternoon/evening 9/12 or Sat 9/13 early morning?

2. is it too early to book the car right now? i'm worry about the weather down in FL.

3. How much should i start with the bidding? here what i got so far

all compact car

Priceline for $222

Hotwire for 18.95 per day with total 207.16

thanks

1. 9/12 11PM - 9/20 11PM should cost the same as 9/13 8AM - 9/20 11PM as rates are usually based on 24 hour periods. If you do 9/12 4PM - 9/20 11PM you'll be charged for an extra day.

2. If you're worried about not going, you should not book a prepaid rate. Book a fully cancellable rate in case your plans (or the weather) change.

3. What is the total you are aiming for? You can book a fully cancellable compact car at thrifty.com for $167.51 total.

Szymon

First hour or 2 is by the hour, then they charge for an additional day.

Go to thrifty.com put in SDF for the airport, put in 9/12 11PM and 9/20 11PM as the pickup/dropoff, on the next page you will see "show hot deals", click on that, pick compact, last page should show that price for the total.

Yes, you can drive the car anywhere in the US - unlimited mileage, no restrictions.

Szymon

• 4 weeks later...

i finally got on PRICELINE after the email to confirm unlimited out of states driving

here is the deal

Alamo Mid-side

Your Offer Price: $15.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 8 days

Subtotal: $120.00

Taxes and Fees: $52.24

Total Charges: $172.24

Lowest Published Price: $467.99

Total Savings:* $295.75 (You saved 63%)

i still think i paid a bit too much, i was hoping for $150 or under

Congratulations on your win!

Glad you found success, and although more than you originally wanted to pay, still saved some money.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]