Priceline rates on Worldspan?

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Kodi's question on the car rental discount codes and whether anyone could use them regardless of actual affiliation, got me to think about something I read not long ago, where it was stated that hotels feed rates for Priceline into Worldspan, and Priceline books them from there.

If that is actually how things are done, what prevents any travel agent with access to Worldspan from booking these, or at least viewing them? (I obviously know nothing about how CRS work)

I know nothing about Worldspan or CRS(??) either, but i would think that the hotels input various datapoints (prices) and then designates which users (Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire) are able to view each datapoint.

This would prevent anyone not using a "priceline log-in" from viewing the priceline rate. It woudl also explain how companies like Expedia and Orbitz sometimes have different prices from each other, access to different hotels, etc... all based upon the what information they're "entitled" to view.

This is all just a guess, but from a programming point of view, i don't think it would be too difficult to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]