Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

micawber
By micawber,
in

We seem to be the only people in the world who could not get this hotel for $37 or close to it, I can't go into details how I know this because it breaks some Priceline rule, but bidding began at $37 and went incrementally up the 40s, we were giving up and conceding we were going to be spending the weekend in Secaucus (we are locals who are temporarily living with family until our Manhattan apt lease starts in August) when the $55 bid got us this hotel. While not as great a deal as $37 I still think it's a great bargain.

p.s. sorry i messed up the bid post format.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

No problem on the format, that can be easily corrected, and we're just happy you shared your results with the rest of the board.

As you have found out the $37 rate is not always available, and if it makes you feel any better, here is another user who had a difficult time BIDDING THE JERSEY CITY ZONE.

Unfortunately this user's limit was $50, apparently just shy of the $55 needed to get accepted. They then ended up bidding as high as $55 in an alternate zone and ended up at a 2* hotel for that price. Still not a bad deal comparted to 'retail' hotel prices, but not the value that the Hyatt represents.

Hope August gets here soon enough for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

MICAWBER,

When compared to the "rack rate" of $500.00 per night for a room

at the Hyatt on the Hudson, 10% is a great deal. Enjoy your stay as

you will not be able to find a room that will compare to the opulence,

convenience, and friendly staff of the Hyatt on the Hudson!

Regards and congrats, Keoni

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]