Hotwire car rental newbie

nexus73
By nexus73,
in

Ok .. I've searched thru the forums and haven't found my answer so here goes ..

I'm looking to rent a car in Minneapolis for a 4 day trip. All the other car rental places are quoting me prices of about $200-$220 for the total cost. But upon checking Hotwire I can get a smaller SUV .. Toyota Rav4 or similar according to the Hotwire site for $11.95 per day and a grand total of $75 !!!

This is where the old saying of " If it seems too good to be true, it probably is " kicks in.

The only thing that makes me wonder is the part

You save big: because you agree to learn the car-rental company after you book.

But as I understand it .. all this means is that you don't know which car rental agency you're going to get the car from up front .. you learn that after you make the booking.

So you pay Hotwire, they give you all the info on the car rental place and reservation after you book ... then I'm assuming you call the care rental agency to confirm the reservation and thats it ?

It just seems too good to be true.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yup, that's about it, everything you posted seems 'above board', but if you let us know the date(s) of your rental we'll have a look just to confirm that everything appears as you posted.

Naturally the car rental counter will offer you additional add-ons (most notably insurance) but these are optional... the price shown on the HOTWIRE confirmation screen will be the price you are charged.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]