Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE - Embarcadero) Grand Hyatt

thesilb
By thesilb,
in

I am very surprised that several longer stay requests I have made for colleagues have been accepted at 60 when individual night requests in the same date range have been rejected at 60. I have never seen this behavior with these properties before and I am fairly confident this is a new condition being applied.

This is good info to know!

Assuming that they have put a minimum stay requirement on their bids, i wonder what sort of report they looked at in order to determine such a policy would benefit them. Just thinking aloud, maybe that longer stay visitors end up spending money at the hotel while shorter stay guests basically 'sleep and leave'?

Have you noticed any difference if the shorter stay bid days wre midweek or only weekend days?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid every single day of this "longer" stay and was not able to get a single night at 60 for any of the nights.

I am very interested to know anyone else's experiences. Is this type of condition something we see in other cities with PL? I've done a tremendous amount of bidding over the last few years, but always in just a few zones, and I've never encountered this previously.

Generally, I would think you're looking at it in the right way, thereuare - that is, that longer stays are generally more profitable and are preferred. There are variable costs per day, and then fixed costs per stay. On a six day stay, they only bear costs for one "fixed cost per stay" unit versus six units for six one-day stays. I.e., on a six day stay, you consume the check-in time of their personnel only once, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]