Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

rts
By rts,
in

Just received Hyatt Regency Jersey City for $37 on first bid for 4 nights July 23, 2004 to July 27, 2004. Had wanted to stay in NYC but at this price could not pass up something so good and so close. Thereuare, thank you for the reply that you sent to me today concerning this hotel. Rick

My pleasure to help :)

Glad it worked out for you. The hotel is really very nice and you will be in awe of the view!

If you need help with places to eat around the hotel, commuting to/from NYC, or anything else about the area just let me know.

Please add to the current HOTEL REVIEWS upon your return.

Since it has been difficult in the past to guage availability at this hotel, i'm listing prices here from the Hyatt.com website (dates checked followed by WebRate/PrevailingRate):

7/23-7/27 $239/$249

7/23 $239/$249

7/24 $239/$249

7/25 $219/$229

7/26 $199/$209

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for doing so :)

Here is some info on the UNLIMITED METROCARD (direct from NYC Subway website)

The MetroCard is only good on NYC subway and busses (not the NJ PATH train). The PATH has it's own version of the card but doesn't offer an unlimited use card. Fare is $1.50 (cash or card... but get a card because at least once you'll be entering the station as the train is there... if you have a card you swipe right thru... if you have to fumble with a $1 bill and change you often miss it... ask me how i know :) )

The PATH Card also offers reduced fare for 11 trip and 20 trip card purchases. Here is a breakdown of the PATH FARE. You can use the same card to for all of your family members (you'll just have to swipe it thru 4 times... swipe once, enter, pass the card back, repeat) so you can easily get the multiple trip cards.

Here are some other threads you may be interested in:

Staying in NJ... visiting NYC

METROCARD

Things Locals Do in NYC

Another "LOCALS" thread

Are you flying or driving?

Some restaurants near the Hyatt (also mentioned in the HYATT REVIEW):

The Baja: (117 Montgomery St) i've mentioned on this site before, do a search on the board... the only thing to order is the Baja Special and ask for all the shrimp to be grilled. Margaritas (on the rocks) are great too. The 'special' is $23/pp and if there are 4 or more you should order it for one less than is in your party. If you don't go for the 'special' the steak fajitas are marinated and very good, but 'the special' is the thing to get (go hungry)

La Conguita: corner of Grove St and Bay St (walk to the Grove St PATH station and make a right, 2 blocks down the street on the left.... 351 Grove St) This is a new find for me, it's a dive/'hole in the wall' type of place and the service is poor, but the food is very good and very cheap that i go with the right attitude and deal with their lack of service. Empanadas for $1, Cuban, Chicken, or Steak Sandwiches for $4-5, or for a more complete meal... breaded or grilled chicken served with rice, beans, and plantains... $8!!! Their grilled chix is a little dry, but the 'chicken steak' (as they call it) is fried and very good. I'd recommend this for an inexpensive lunch but when away from home i prefer places a little bit nicer for dinner. If you speak any spanish it will help. :o

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

I will be driving to Hyatt on Friday July 23rd and was inquiring about the parking. I had read a post somewhere about valet parking for $30, with a self-park lot a short distance away from the hotel for less money. Any info that you have on this would be appreciated. Once I am at the hotel, I don't think I would be using the car until leaving on Tuesday morning, so the self-park lot would be fine.

Thanks, Rick

Go to the hotel entrance and drop-off your bags, then go to the self-park lot. There will be signs for it when you approach the hotel, but if you miss the signs just ask one of the bellman at the front door. You also can get a 'sticker' for a reduced rate at the self-park facility (i think it's $18/day)

As the area is very quiet on weekends, you may also be able to take your car out of the garage on Saturday and Sunday and leave it on the street to save on 2 days of parking. Not a great idea if you have a very nice car, like a new BMW, as although the area is safe, car theft is high all over Hudson County (apparently lots of 'kids' come over from Newark and take cars for a joy ride or bring them to a chop-shop).

Also, don't be confused upon entering the hotel, the check-in desk is up the escalator on the second floor.

Thereuare,

I was just wondering if the self-parking facility is part of the Hyatt or a private entity? Is is an outside lot or an indoor garage. You mentioned about a "Sticker" for this parking lot to get the $18 rate, does the sticker come from the hotel or from somewhere else? Thanks for your help.

Rick

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]