Hotwire Hotel: 4* Providence-Newport (Downtown) Westin

dfnh
By dfnh,
in

I'm trying to work up the courage to try Hotwire or Priceline for the first time. I need a hotel room 10/9 - 10/12 (checkout) within walking distance of the Convention Center. My first choice would be the Westin. How do I know what 4* hotels are near the Convention Center? It doesn't have to be a 4*, but I thought that might help me guarantee an easy walk. Thanks, dfnh

Looking at the zone map for Providence on PRICELINE, Zone 4 - Providence Downtown encompasses the Convention Centre, and it's quite a large area. You could get any number of hotels within that zone. There is no way to guarantee which hotel you are going to get booking through PRICELINE.

The zone map on HOTWIRE is similar for Downtown Providence, however, you may have a better chance at pinpointing the hotel.

Checking right now on HOTWIRE, I see a 4* in th Downtown Providence zone for $159/night with the following amenities:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Tripadvisor traveler review rating of 3.5 out of 5 based on 80+ reviews

This one seems to be a match to the Westin, which would be my best guess. Double check this as it might have changed.

Use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that you got the courage to give it a try and that it worked out well for you... getting an even better deal than had you booked the conference rate!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]