Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) - no success yet and str

SmilingBoy
By SmilingBoy,
in

I'm not familiar with the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel but I just looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor and they're generally very positive. It's #6 out of 260 hotels in L.A. And if parking is indeed free that's a rare commodity in L.A.

I guess what it comes down to is do you want to stay in Hollywood or West Hollywood/Beverly Hills? If you keep bidding to $140 on PRICELINE you might win a 4* in BH/WH, but after Priceline fee and parking charge the grand total won't be much less than your rate at Hollywood Celebrity, and it could be more. Unless you prefer a BH/WH location I don't see a reason to keep bidding.

If price is a consideration it's possible you could win a 2.5* in BH/WH for a lower rate than you have now, maybe $75-100'ish.

Thanks for the advice. I realised I went a bit too high since the backup option is actually quite good. So decided that I would be happy to get a 4* up to $120.

Just to update you - I keep bidding for a 4* every one or two days, with around $115-$120, usually using just one free rebid. Not accepted until now, and no counter-offers.

Keep in mind that parking is free at your backup hotel and will be $30/night or more at some of the 4* you could win on Priceline.

If you're trying to beat your $149 backup hotel on price you shouldn't bid higher than about $110, which leaves room for parking and Priceline fee.

If it's a matter of location---that you prefer West Hollywood/Beverly Hills over Hollywood---then HOTWIRE has both a 4.5* and 4* at $159 for your dates. Since Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price you might get one of those on Priceline for a little more than the $120 you've already bid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to report back:

We stuck with our backup (Hollywood Celebrity Hotel) since nothing came up on Priceline.

It was basic, clean, very big room with two queen beds, kitchenette, and breakfast to take away. And free parking. Location was basically at the rear exit of the Kodak theatre. I can recommend this if the price looks good and you want to stay in a good location in Hollywood.

However, generally, Beverly Hills looked a lot nicer than Hollywood when we drove through it. So would not stay in Hollywood again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]