myrtle beach 10/21 -- 10/27 help

urso_polar
By urso_polar,
in

• 1 month later...

Any experience renting a car via priceline the day of rental ? I am thinking of arriving at the airport , asking at the counter for their best rate & then trying to beat it with priceline. I am currently 1 day away from my travel date. So far I've bid Economy (via better bidding's link) $9, 10 & 11 with no success.

your suggestions are appreciated.

Mark

I think it's risky to wait until the last minute... at $11 what is the total including fees and taxes (and how does that compare to your back-up reservation) What is the per day and total that HOTWIRE is currently showing?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE link for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is the HOTWIRE rate the best rate available (even when comparing to direct bookings)?

If you are rejected will you have one more oportunity to bid tomorrow OR are you already inside of 24 hours of your pick-up? I assume if you are rejected for an economy a compact car would be fine as well?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nothing in particular but i generally like to stick with the larger name rental companies, especially if i'm going to be traveling more than 10-15 miles outside of the area i rent from. If there is car trouble (cars to break down) i think it would be taken care of quicker and a replacement vehicle more readily available with one of the larger companies... so just a comfort level for me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]